EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SaltySteveI'm in.

Personally I'd vote for not voting counts as a vote for yourself. That way it's self punishing, not punishing for a potentially random person, and it doesn't just add random noise to the Mafia vs. Town "signal" 

We can always try it multiple ways in upcoming rounds and see what feels better!

Kinda like Among Us or the Werewolf game. I'm in to try it.
Mafia is another name for Werewolf.

I think you'd make a great mod!

Also, and this is just a suggestion:  Could we make a rule where each player must vote at least once by the end of each day?  Maybe not the first day, but each day thereafter?  I think it would encourage more involvement and not give too much advantage to the quiet/non-voting players. 

What happens if they don't vote? Should that count as a vote against the person who didn't vote? A random vote decided by mod? Or should it just be a minimum of one vote within a 3 day span? 

Maybe we can allow players who are too busy to "early vote".  Let's say we grant a waiver to all players the first day, since it's usually random anyway.  You're required to vote from each day henceforth.  If something comes up and a player might be out for a few days, they can choose to "early vote" and PM their vote, or even their next 2-3 votes in advance to the mod.  

I'm open to anything.  I admit the "lay low" tactic is used often and I've used it plenty of times, but if you have 3-4 players who are both silent and never vote, it starts to dampen the spirit of the game in my opinion.  
On one hand, I agree with this, on the other...that requires a lot of tracking by the mod to see who did/didn't vote.  I was overwhelmed a bit when we were doing the tournament rules and I had to check and check again to see if people had posted during the day.

I think it should be something more like, there are ten people who are playing.  Six voted.  The remaining 4 are randomized.  So it really makes both the mafia push everyone to vote (so no hiding) and also means more engagement between the townies.  It also might mean the randomizer accidentally kills a mafia member or a townie, so it's in everyone's interest to vote.
I like the idea of forcing a player to cast a vote once, at least, within the first two days. The tournament forced players to vote on the first occasion or face elimination.

I'm also okay with mandatory voting thereafter. People could vote in advance in public, and early votes could be for a named player, a "random selection by mod/RNG" and maybe the possibility of one abstention.

Obviously people are busy IRL and can't always play. I've barely been checking into the site over the last couple weeks.

Did anyone else go thought the WttS and Spam threads and tag the more active posters? Ideally this round should be as large and teambuilding as possible.  If not I'll try to go through them this weekend and tag a few other people here.

I'm but a mere servant doing EB bidding. You guys decide how you want that voting rule to go and I'll implement it. My vote would be the randomizer though.

I think I'll need the role descriptions if someone could send them to me.
I believe that we're bringing back the woodchipper this round, because Christmas. 😈

I'm in

Did anyone else go thought the WttS and Spam threads and tag the more active posters? Ideally this round should be as large and teambuilding as possible.  If not I'll try to go through them this weekend and tag a few other people here.
I think you should tag Zach Stone.

@SaltySteveI'm in.

Personally I'd vote for not voting counts as a vote for yourself. That way it's self punishing, not punishing for a potentially random person, and it doesn't just add random noise to the Mafia vs. Town "signal" 

We can always try it multiple ways in upcoming rounds and see what feels better!
I'm more for this.  Getting kicked out for not voting is too severe, getting assigned a random vote is, well, too random, and getting a vote counted towards yourself doesn't necessarily guarantee you get voted off, and it's a light but fair punishment.  

@ChebyshevII PE,  @blybrook PE@MadamPirate PE@Unintended Max, P.E. , @Road Guy .

AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO JOIN. 

I stole that list from JKs last call for players cause I don't have a good feel for whos still active, tag anyone else that you think might be interested. Start Tuesday with the new vote requirements?

Confirmed Players

@tj_PE

@rebecca1

@DuranDuran

@vhab49_PE

@jean15paul_PE

@NikR_PE

@chart94

@squaretaper LIT AF PE

@JayKay PE

@RBHeadge PE

@LyceeFruit PE

@txjennah PE

@Roarbark

@Dothracki

@EyehatethePEexam

tenor (2).gif

@ChebyshevII PE,  @blybrook PE@MadamPirate PE@Unintended Max, P.E. , @Road Guy .

AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO JOIN. 

I stole that list from JKs last call for players cause I don't have a good feel for whos still active, tag anyone else that you think might be interested. Start Tuesday with the new vote requirements?

Confirmed Players

@tj_PE

@rebecca1

@DuranDuran

@vhab49_PE

@jean15paul_PE

@NikR_PE

@chart94

@squaretaper LIT AF PE

@JayKay PE

@RBHeadge PE

@LyceeFruit PE

@txjennah PE

@Roarbark

@Dothracki

@EyehatethePEexam
WTH?!

@JayKay PEsummed it up nicely at the top of this page.

You can start on page 1 and read through a few rounds to get a feel for what happens.  It's a fun game and great group!
ah thanks! I'm in... maybe it'll help pass the time awaiting "gulp" results... 

hmmm... and what exactly is this? how many hundreds of pages to i need to back to figure out what I'm playing?  :popcorn:

Lol I am intrigued but I don't even know where to start. 
There is no homework required. Just show up everyday. Read 1 to 2 pages of messages posted per day, and it will make enough sense for you to enjoy.

Back