EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you'd make a great mod!

Also, and this is just a suggestion:  Could we make a rule where each player must vote at least once by the end of each day?  Maybe not the first day, but each day thereafter?  I think it would encourage more involvement and not give too much advantage to the quiet/non-voting players.  I think this is better than the tourney rules which required a minimum # of posts.  
I agree. I used to post something, but then people just pile on anyone who posts. So I started being quiet. This way we will have more to work with.

Roarbark posting "1", "2" and "3" as his three posts doesn't advance the story, while Roarbark being forced to vote at least is participation.  I vote aye, for a try!
Another rule should refrain players from referring to themselves in third person.

What happens if they don't vote? Should that count as a vote against the person who didn't vote? A random vote decided by mod? Or should it just be a minimum of one vote within a 3 day span? 

What happens if they don't vote? Should that count as a vote against the person who didn't vote? A random vote decided by mod? Or should it just be a minimum of one vote within a 3 day span? 
Maybe we can allow players who are too busy to "early vote".  Let's say we grant a waiver to all players the first day, since it's usually random anyway.  You're required to vote from each day henceforth.  If something comes up and a player might be out for a few days, they can choose to "early vote" and PM their vote, or even their next 2-3 votes in advance to the mod.  

I'm open to anything.  I admit the "lay low" tactic is used often and I've used it plenty of times, but if you have 3-4 players who are both silent and never vote, it starts to dampen the spirit of the game in my opinion.  

Early voting... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No feeling for or against that idea. I'm thinking that if you early vote you have to declare it in the main thread... not your actual votes, but let everyone know you're out for a couple days and have sent early votes to the mod.

But I kind of don't like it because what if something happens that really changes the reads? But your early votes are messing it up for everyone else.

again... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Early voting... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No feeling for or against that idea. I'm thinking that if you early vote you have to declare it in the main thread... not your actual votes, but let everyone know you're out for a couple days and have sent early votes to the mod.

But I kind of don't like it because what if something happens that really changes the reads? But your early votes are messing it up for everyone else.

again... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You make a good point about early voting affecting the reads.  Maybe just keep it simple and not voting counts as a vote against yourself?  I like that idea. That way you're penalized, but not automatically "kicked out".  That would be easier for the mod to handle I would think.

I think this is an interesting idea. I'm excited to try it.

My suggestion is that a non vote = a vote for yourself. 
On one hand, I agree with this, on the other...that requires a lot of tracking by the mod to see who did/didn't vote.  I was overwhelmed a bit when we were doing the tournament rules and I had to check and check again to see if people had posted during the day.

I think it should be something more like, there are ten people who are playing.  Six voted.  The remaining 4 are randomized.  So it really makes both the mafia push everyone to vote (so no hiding) and also means more engagement between the townies.  It also might mean the randomizer accidentally kills a mafia member or a townie, so it's in everyone's interest to vote.

On one hand, I agree with this, on the other...that requires a lot of tracking by the mod to see who did/didn't vote.  I was overwhelmed a bit when we were doing the tournament rules and I had to check and check again to see if people had posted during the day.

I think it should be something more like, there are ten people who are playing.  Six voted.  The remaining 4 are randomized.  So it really makes both the mafia push everyone to vote (so no hiding) and also means more engagement between the townies.  It also might mean the randomizer accidentally kills a mafia member or a townie, so it's in everyone's interest to vote.
The mod has to keep track of votes anyway. And they have to know who's still alive. Knowing who didn't vote doesn't seem like much extra work, right?

I basically duplicated @DuranDuran spreadsheet for when I mod.

But yeah, tracking who posted is definitely a pain!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in whenever next round starts but idk how intense new job will be (starting monday) so pls dont sus me for acting differently or i will cry

Maybe we can allow players who are too busy to "early vote".  Let's say we grant a waiver to all players the first day, since it's usually random anyway.  You're required to vote from each day henceforth.  If something comes up and a player might be out for a few days, they can choose to "early vote" and PM their vote, or even their next 2-3 votes in advance to the mod.  

I'm open to anything.  I admit the "lay low" tactic is used often and I've used it plenty of times, but if you have 3-4 players who are both silent and never vote, it starts to dampen the spirit of the game in my opinion.  
Audi used to vote 3 days in advanced lol.

With only requiring one vote per day, I think most people can make it in to do that even if they're busy.

I think this is an interesting idea. I'm excited to try it.

My suggestion is that a non vote = a vote for yourself. 

I like the randomizer idea best. It encourages people to play because it's not just them that gets hit with the skipped vote.

@ChebyshevII PE,  @blybrook PE@MadamPirate PE@Unintended Max, P.E. , @Road Guy .

AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO JOIN. 

I stole that list from JKs last call for players cause I don't have a good feel for whos still active, tag anyone else that you think might be interested. Start Tuesday with the new vote requirements?

Confirmed Players

@tj_PE

@rebecca1

@DuranDuran

@vhab49_PE

@jean15paul_PE

@NikR_PE

@chart94

@squaretaper LIT AF PE

@JayKay PE

@RBHeadge PE

@LyceeFruit PE

@txjennah PE

@Roarbark

@Dothracki

@EyehatethePEexam

Last edited by a moderator:
@RBHeadge PE@squaretaper LIT AF PE@ChebyshevII PE@vhab49_PE@chart94@DuranDuran@SaltySteve@LyceeFruit PE@Roarbark@txjennah PE@Dothracki@blybrook PE@rebecca1@NikR_PE@jean15paul_PE@MadamPirate PE@Unintended Max, P.E. , @Road Guy , @JayKay PE.

I stole that list from JKs last call for players cause I don't have a good feel for whos still active, tag anyone else that you think might be interested. Start Tuesday with the new vote requirements?

Confirmed Players

@tj_PE
In

I'm in for next round.  I also like @JayKay PE's idea of:  If you don't vote, a randomizer will automatically generate a random vote for you.  I think it might be worth a try?  It's Salty's mod this round, so ultimately it's his choice of course.

@SaltySteve, let me know if you need any help.  If you want/need help randomizing let me know.  Feel free to use my spreadsheet. 

@RBHeadge PE@squaretaper LIT AF PE@ChebyshevII PE@vhab49_PE@chart94,  @LyceeFruit PE@Roarbark@txjennah PE@Dothracki@blybrook PE,, @NikR_PE@jean15paul_PE@MadamPirate PE@Unintended Max, P.E. , @Road Guy , @JayKay PE.

Confirmed Players

@tj_PE

@rebecca1

@DuranDuran
@SaltyStevein, even though this means I can't vote for you.

Back