EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@tj_PE and @vhab49_PE had entered the sprawling complex through a back service area, that had been overgrown in ivy and grapevines and overly complex labyrinths that previous landscape architects thought were cool and savvy.  This meant the houses further to the back were less crowded and spaced further apart, meaning more money and more established families that entered the complex when redlining was still a fairly accepted practice.  Closer to the front of the complex, though, the houses were closer together and, though the people were just as rich, they didn't seem to be as affected by the massacre that occurred closer to the back of the neighborhood potentially closer to the glacial rift that had been exposed.

This meant there were more people.  Which, earlier this night, might have meant more people to help fight off the cats, safety in numbers, and increasing the odds.  Unfortunately, they were all wearing robes.  Which meant potential BBQing.

"This is ridiculous," @tj_PE whispered to @vhab49_PE as they huddled in a Rubbermaid shed, having deflated all the pool toys that had previously been stored there, "Where are they getting these robes?  They're so plush-looking and, yet, they don't show any stains from the maiming and snow salt."

@vhab49_PE frowned.  "This is really your main concern now?"

"I mean, maybe?"

"We're currently in a plastic box, trying to avoid either being eaten for our brains or cooked for being non-rich heretics, and you're wondering where they purchased their murder robes?"

@tj_PE did an odd half-shrug half-nod.

Breathing harshly through their nose, @vhab49_PE turned back so they could peak through the gap in the swing doors.  "We need to figure out how to get past them and towards the entrance.  We're too far away from the other service entrances, and going back would only mean...facing the cats."  @vhab49_PE gingerly opened the door one more inch, shifting so they were both on one side of the container, so if someone did look over they wouldn't see them, "We need a plan.  We need to 

"I just want one of those robes."

@vhab49_PE was ready to respond, ready to frickin' hit @tj_PE up the head when death was on the line, when there was a pained grunt nearby.

"You thought we wouldn't know about your meddling, @DuranDuran," A voice said, followed by the thump of something hitting, "I know you're one of those scientists.  Thinking you can ruin our perfectly manicured lawns.  Bringing forth the fatalis stage."

A wet cough responded, "I know you're a paleontologist.  I know you're-you're the one who released-"  Another thump and the body fell into a snow drift, blood splattering in an indescribable pattern.  "You...you're-"

"You know nothing.  And I'll make sure you don't spread such lies."  A rock hammer was slammed, peen-first, though an eye socket  

A few moments passed, when the paleontologist who was hiding their association with the destruction, continued to slam the hammer again and again into the face of the one who was ready to reveal the truth.  Following their work, they took a load of fresh snow and dumped it on top of the mascaraed figure, hiding the steam and tangy copper scent of the newly spilled blood.  They wiped their tool off on their own robe, the blood blending in perfectly with the plush maroon, and sauntered back to the front of the house where another bonfire had been started.

@vhab49_PE and @tj_PE let out a burst of held breath.  If either of the two outside had just turned their heads left, and if the light from the fires had flickered ever so slightly, they would have been seen and who knows what would have happened.  

A moment of silence.

"Well...I guess you've got your robe."

@DuranDuran was killed by the mafia.

The remaining players are:

@ChebyshevII PE@chart94, and @NikR_PE

I have it on good authority that NONE of the remaining players are mafia.  They've all been such good children, busy with work, traveling, Christmas shopping, going to see Christmas lights, such a delightful group of honest, hardworking, family-oriented souls.  All truthful and completely innocent according to their stories.

I say we wrap this up and declare townies the winners.  The mod must have erred and only included 2 mafia.  

Who's with me?

I have it on good authority that NONE of the remaining players are mafia.  They've all been such good children, busy with work, traveling, Christmas shopping, going to see Christmas lights, such a delightful group of honest, hardworking, family-oriented souls.  All truthful and completely innocent according to their stories.

I say we wrap this up and declare townies the winners.  The mod must have erred and only included 2 mafia.  

Who's with me?
I say we declare ghosts the winners. The planet seems to be going downhill anyway.
👻

Back