EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride mine for fitness, and like to get my stats. I also like being able to compare my times on certain frequent ride segments via Strava.

One other thing that hasn't been mentioned...get a bike computer. Yes, you can track your rides on your phone, but I like having the bike computer mounted on my bike, and my phone in one of my jersey pockets. I have a Garmin that has a heart rate monitor sensor, cadence sensor (how fast you are pedaling) and a speed sensor (mounts to the rear wheel hub, is way more accurate than GPS). My three sensors are ANT+ connected to the bike computer. However, just starting out, you can get a cheap (~$20) wireless bike computer that just tracks mileage and time ridden, time of day, etc. There is a magnet that you mount on your front wheel, that hooks up with the computer t track your speed.
Thanks. But no need with my Samsung Gear Fit 2 fitness band. It tracks just about everything I would want to know, including my heart rate, all without the need for having my phone nearby. :thumbs:

Screenshot_12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see FLBuffs - probably 12,500' or more? Can't recall what independence pass is...

My highest elevation is corona pass (11,500')

That's more of a mountain bike trail but it would make for a great EB.com ride one day- just need someone to pick us up from winter park.....

Can't find my pic of me at the top of Independence, but here's a pic of my bike at the top of McClure Pass, just outside of Carbondale.

McClure Pass.JPG

independence pass.jpg

My goal is to ride to the summit of Mt. Evans this year (14,265'). It will be my first 14er!

^That is also on my list. I want to do the supported ride, but it usually on my wife's birthday, and I don't want to do that.

If you cant talk @cement into the Mt Evans one I will give it a try - I will just probably lag behind an hour or so... & I need to find a road bike :D

The weather is getting warm enough to warrant cycling outside at lunch. Today, I decided to do some climbing. Almost 1,300 vertical feet in a total distance ridden of < 10 miles. WTH is wrong with me?

The weather is getting warm enough to warrant cycling outside at lunch. Today, I decided to do some climbing. Almost 1,300 vertical feet in a total distance ridden of < 10 miles. WTH is wrong with me?
You live near mountains? You have no regard for BO and proximity to coworkers? You rode up stairs?  :dunno:

Im ready to get back into some mountain biking this year. didn't do much at all last year. found a map of all the bike trails in and around Winter Park, looks like there is definitely a summers worth of activity just there...

Back