Countdown to Football Season!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a joke. Just saw an article that Favre has suited up at training camp with the Minnesota Visqueens.

The reason he said he "retired" before was because he didn't want to go to training camp. I guess he got his wish.

IMO, the Vikings just threw away the $10-12 mil they just invested.

I am setting the over-under for him getting injured and hurting the team more than helping at 6.5 weeks into the regular season....

I can't wait for my next trip up North. Green Bay and Vikings fans have such a cordial relationship.................

The Green Bay fans will be in high spirits as they laugh their asses off while pointing at the disaster that is the 2009-2010 Minnesota Vikings.

I wonder if they'll buy him out after week 6 when they see he has the arm strength of an 8 year old girl.
You're not helping yourself out by showing that you have knowledge of 8 year old girl arm strength with a picture of a certain bear as your avatar. ;)

The Jets signed him to two years as well, and strangely enough I don't see him in green and white these days.
good point, if the F-ing Jets hadn't granted him his request to be released we wouldn't be putting up with this douche bags nonsense now. Just one more reason to hate the Jets I guess.

I was also glad to see Vick get a second chance (also glad he isnt a falcon btw) didnt a nfl player run over and kill someone last year that only got probation? I cant wait to watch the media circus begin when he signs with Oakland in a few days....
Missed...and by more than a mile. Who would have said it. The Eagles.....hmmmm.

Lets look at the bright side. No more Brett Favre (for the time being).

Whoever says he hasn't tarnished his "legacy" is full of it. I had no problem with Brett Favre two years ago. But now? Even typing his name irritates the living hell out of me.
Rude awakening. I heard him in ESPN last night and changed the channel right away. What a difference from the Favre throwing snow balls to his teammates during a playoff game at Green Bay a couple of years ago. How can a person go from hero to cero in such a small time frame?

Missed...and by more than a mile. Who would have said it. The Eagles.....hmmmm.

Rude awakening. I heard him in ESPN last night and changed the channel right away. What a difference from the Favre throwing snow balls to his teammates during a playoff game at Green Bay a couple of years ago. How can a person go from hero to cero in such a small time frame?

Brett Favre is to football what an abortion is to a baby shower.

Congratulations, lets throw a baby shower! Oh, you're not having a baby.

Oh, you're having a baby, lets throw a baby shower! Oh, you're not having a baby.

Oh, you're having a baby, lets...

Brett Favre is to football what an abortion is to a baby shower.
Priceless!

I think Chicago just locked up the NFC north without having to play a game. . . and cripes, Detroit may take 2nd?!

Vick in Philly: These people booed Santa Claus! Good luck Mikey!

a no-dad-havin' mama's boy like that will be about as successful as Vince Young has been in TN. odds on when Vick starts talking suicide?

Last edited by a moderator:
holy shit how f-ed up is our legal system? Mike Vick gets what? 2 years for killing dogs? Stallworth got 23 days in prison for killing another human being!! And now Plexico Burress gets two years for shooting himself.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...co_burress.html

I guess the moral of the story is if you are going to do something illegal make sure someone else ends up dead or else you are going away for a while.

I guess the moral of the story is if you are going to do something illegal make sure someone else ends up dead or else you are going away for a while.
That way, there is nobody to testify against you. :210:

Burress though - how many things did he do wrong? At least four, by my count.

1) Don't assume pistol license reciprocity anywhere, especially New York

2) Don't carry guns in bars, even if you have a pistol license

3) Use a good holster

4) If you drop your gun, don't try to catch it

Roadwreck:

With all due respect, I think we need to look at what each of these players did seperately:

Plaxico pleaded guilty to possession of an illegal fire-arm and agreed on a prison term with the DA. NYC is VERY strict when it comes to illegal weapons charges, especially possession of a LOADED weapon in a crowded night-club. Add in the fact that the NYC DA is up for election here shortly (or so I've heard).

For Stallworth, Florida law requires the proescution to determine to prove that alcohol was a "contributing factor" when it comes to motor vehicle infractions. The fact he was not driving wrecklessly, he was driving the speed limit, and the fact that this person was jaywalking and effectively jumped out in front of him made it next to impossible for the DA to prove that. Anyone driving SOBER in that case would have hit that guy. Stallworth did not swerve for this guy, he did not drive along the sidewalk, he was not driving at an insane rate of speed. It basically boils down to it being an infortunate accident, in which a guy loses his life, and despite the fact that alcohol was involved, it did not ultimately contribute to the guys death. The family of the deceased, in fact, did not want the DA in this case to go after him. Stallworths only crime: Driving while intoxicated. Honestly, what happens to drunk drivers in your state (or even county)? Some counties here in CO hardly issue more than a slap on the wrist (say 20 days in jail, a fine, & community service) for the first offense.

Vick was purely and simply a "trial-by-media." A high-priority person caught in a dog fighting ring. If it had been anyone else in that situation (how about Vick's partners in crime on this?), they wouldn't have even made the cover of "Section B" in the newspaper, let alone spend more than a year in jail. Once the Humane Society and PETA got involved, and because of the media playing on the heart-strings of the public, there was no way Vick was walking away with anything less than the maximum. He officially filed a plea agreement for charges of "conspiracy and involvement in dog-fighting."

Comparing Vick & Plaxico, I agree that the DA exploited their celebrity to make a public point that what they did was illegal, and to show the public that these acts will be punished.

I'm not saying I agree with the turn-outs for each of these, but in no-way-shape-or-form should Stallworth be compared with the others.

All I'm really saying is that I don't really agree with people going after Stallworth for killing a guy. Saying he killed someone makes it sound like he deliberately went out and wanted this guy dead. No, he was in an unfortunate accident where someone lost their life.

It was smart of him (Buress) to take the plea - his camp was holding out for a 1 yr plea deal, but that DA was gonna make an example of him (much like Vick). Guy was overrated anyways (also much like Vick)

hate to say it but my money would be on Florida
You did see where they came out ranked #1 pre-season!!
bananajump.gif

GO GATORS..
I know, I know... there is a lot of Tebow and so many returning guys talk to make your heads spin.. but I hate to break this news to you - again,

Gators will go all the way to win SEC and BCS National Championships. The question is, will Tebow get another Heisman?
Gators !! Gators !! Gators !!

gator.gif

gator.gif

gator.gif

I usually attend the Michigan State games (home or away) which takes virtually all day. :drunk: So any weekend chores I have will probably be done on Sunday.
Most of my co-workers are HUGE MSU fans ... I was told I will have to go for tailgating at homegames if for nothing else. Do you go to the tailgates up there?

JR

I think the Burress sentencing sounds about right. He was incredibly stupid and wreckless. And I hope the fact that its a high profile case with a strict sentence makes people think twice before bringing a loaded gun into a bar with them. And I'm glad NY has strict gun control laws.

I don't think you can compare his case to Vick or Stallworth simply because they are all NFL players. They are different crimes in different states. It does seem like Stallworth got off light, though there were some mitigating circumstances. The pedestrian was not in the crosswalk, and he stuck around afterwards and cooperated with the cops. He also reached a financial settlement with the family.

I think most of Vicks 2 years were not for killing dogs, but for racketeering (sp?) you know gambling on the dogs and sending out "people" to make sure the gambling debts gets paid, I imagine if you were able to break down the sentencing only 6 months or so would have been for all the animal cruelty stuff..

Back