Countdown to Football Season!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^I'm the opposite, I like killing a Sunday afternoon watching the NFL but wouldn't watch a college game if you paid me. The northeast is not exactly a college football hotbed.

What? You guys have UConn!

So what if they get all this hype about how good they are, and then are completely annihilated by any team with a shred of credibility :dunno:

Mississippi State?
GO DAWGS!

My tickets haven't come in yet, but I'm pretty pumped up already. I walked out on the back porch two weekends ago, and it was 59 degrees. Man, if I'd have had the faint smell of barbecue, I'd have sworn it was a football weekend.

GO GATORS..

I know, I know... there is a lot of Tebow and so many returning guys talk to make your heads spin.. but I hate to break this news to you - again,

Gators will go all the way to win SEC and BCS National Championships. The question is, will Tebow get another Heisman?

^I'm the opposite, I like killing a Sunday afternoon watching the NFL but wouldn't watch a college game if you paid me. The northeast is not exactly a college football hotbed.

I don't get to watch much daytime NFL.

I usually attend the Michigan State games (home or away) which takes virtually all day. :drunk: So any weekend chores I have will probably be done on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very ready for college football, as I always am this time of year. I don't have real high hopes for this season for Clemson, but who knows.

I am pretty pumped about going to my first NFL game this year. We're going down to Miami to watch Clemson play the U on Saturday and are going to catch the Dolphins-Saints game that Sunday.

Only 38 days until Oregon State's first game so close yet so far away.

To make things even worse right now, there are no sports to watch, and nothing worthwhile on the "normal" TV and it is 100 degrees for the last 3 days so I would prefer to stay out of the sun.

September can't come fast enough.

I am pretty pumped about going to my first NFL game this year. We're going down to Miami to watch Clemson play the U on Saturday and are going to catch the Dolphins-Saints game that Sunday.
I went to my first (and second) NFL game last year. Jets/Giants tickets were impossible to come by growing up, and we were too far from a team in VT where it would be a whole day ordeal.

It's slightly easier to find tickets here, and there's a train you can pick up 30 minutes away that goes right to the stadium. Its pretty painless.

Chuck, I will agree... Go Tigers. Just another group of Tigers.
Mizzou kicks off against Illinois in:

seconds - 3300260

or

minutes - 55004.33333

or

hours - 916.7388889

or

Days - 38.1974537

or

weeks - 5.456779101

or

months - 1.259256716
I expect to beat the Tigers you are talking about and take the North for the first time! Rock Chalk!

It better be this year or it will probably be a couple before we can replace Reesing.

I expect you guys to struggle a little this year with as much as you lost.

I expect to beat the Tigers you are talking about and take the North for the first time! Rock Chalk!
It better be this year or it will probably be a couple before we can replace Reesing.

I expect you guys to struggle a little this year with as much as you lost.
Yeah, we'll see. At least when we meet these days, all things are kind of out on the table and it's just like all the other great rivalries where both team have more at stake than just that one game (but ohhh that one game is a doozy). At least it's fun! I went to Mizzou through the early 90's... So, I'm just happy we're competitive again. I hope we surprise some people this year. Heck, one prognosticator has us at 5th in the BXII North... Lots of good bulletin board material there.

Whomever wins the N this year will still have a lot of trouble with whatever S team shows up.

I also don't quite understand all the love for NU this year... Glad the game is played on the field.

LSU all the way. If not, some other SEC team will get to the BCS against some PAC-10 university who plays no-names... ;)

Yeah, we'll see. At least when we meet these days, all things are kind of out on the table and it's just like all the other great rivalries where both team have more at stake than just that one game (but ohhh that one game is a doozy). At least it's fun! I went to Mizzou through the early 90's... So, I'm just happy we're competitive again. I hope we surprise some people this year. Heck, one prognosticator has us at 5th in the BXII North... Lots of good bulletin board material there.
Whomever wins the N this year will still have a lot of trouble with whatever S team shows up.

I also don't quite understand all the love for NU this year... Glad the game is played on the field.
Agreed on the game being worth something. I graduated from KU in 04 so I got to see the glory days of Terry Allen and the period where Mangino was working to resurrect us from the dead. My best year that I witnessed was a 6-7 season where we got shellacked by NC State in the Citrus Bowl. Yet I went to **** near every game while there, rain or shine.

I can honestly say that even though we lost against you guys two years ago the game was fantastic for the fact that everyone in the nation was watching us play, and it had Title implications. Never thought I would be able to see that happen.

I also don't see why everyone seems to love the Bugeaters. I know that Suh is a beast but are the blackshirts really good enough to carry that offense?

Chuck, I will agree... Go Tigers. Just another group of Tigers.
Mizzou kicks off against Illinois in:

seconds - 3300260

or

minutes - 55004.33333

or

hours - 916.7388889

or

Days - 38.1974537

or

weeks - 5.456779101

or

months - 1.259256716
[SIZE=12pt]ILL - INI[/SIZE]

This is usually a pretty good game.

I also don't see why everyone seems to love the Bugeaters. I know that Suh is a beast but are the blackshirts really good enough to carry that offense?
Bugeaters, ha! I don't think many outside of the BXII North know this history about the Fuskers. We have them at home this year (you guys do too, right?). I hope that poses some problems to them, although they ended the season strong last year... They are replacing a lot similar to us - but for some reason, they float to the top. I think of anyone - you guys probably have the best shot at the North this year (**** it).

[SIZE=12pt]ILL - INI[/SIZE]This is usually a pretty good game.
Yeah, I went to it 2 years ago, but missed last year and won't be going this year... Fun atmosphere in the dome. I think both teams have a lot to prove this year and that first game will be the one that both teams fans will point to as an indicator on how the year will end. (ie. if MU get's stomped, then we'll end up sucking all year, else if we stay competitive or even pull out a win... then we might be able to make some noise this year).

Snick - you're an Illini fan, too, right?

Agreed on the game being worth something. I graduated from KU in 04 so I got to see the glory days of Terry Allen and the period where Mangino was working to resurrect us from the dead. My best year that I witnessed was a 6-7 season where we got shellacked by NC State in the Citrus Bowl. Yet I went to **** near every game while there, rain or shine.
I can honestly say that even though we lost against you guys two years ago the game was fantastic for the fact that everyone in the nation was watching us play, and it had Title implications. Never thought I would be able to see that happen.

Bugeaters, ha! I don't think many outside of the BXII North know this history about the Fuskers. We have them at home this year (you guys do too, right?). I hope that poses some problems to them, although they ended the season strong last year... They are replacing a lot similar to us - but for some reason, they float to the top. I think of anyone - you guys probably have the best shot at the North this year (**** it).

Yeah, I went to it 2 years ago, but missed last year and won't be going this year... Fun atmosphere in the dome. I think both teams have a lot to prove this year and that first game will be the one that both teams fans will point to as an indicator on how the year will end. (ie. if MU get's stomped, then we'll end up sucking all year, else if we stay competitive or even pull out a win... then we might be able to make some noise this year).

Snick - you're an Illini fan, too, right?
GO BUFFALOES! I have NO idea how we'll be this year (what with Josh Smith defecting...er, leaving the program, QB questions, etc.), but at least we can agree on one thing. Huck the Fuskers!

GO BUFFALOES! I have NO idea how we'll be this year (what with Josh Smith defecting...er, leaving the program, QB questions, etc.), but at least we can agree on one thing. Huck the Fuskers!
CU just needs to stay away from the injury bug, and get a QB not named after the coach. I think they could be OK, but they just could not put it together last year. I think we're in Boulder again this year, and we won't have Chase Coffman to jump over your defenders anymore... ut oh.

CU just needs to stay away from the injury bug, and get a QB not named after the coach. I think they could be OK, but they just could not put it together last year. I think we're in Boulder again this year, and we won't have Chase Coffman to jump over your defenders anymore... ut oh.
Despite what everyone thinks, Cody was the best QB we had. I'm not sure anymore. I honestly don't think it was just pure nepotism on Hawkins's part. At least our coach is no longer an alum from a rival Big XII school! BTW, maybe we'll get 5 downs again to try to beat you guys. ;)

[SIZE=12pt]ILL - INI[/SIZE]This is usually a pretty good game.
I expect Illinois to win this game, then continue winning and finish second in the Big Ten. Ohio State will win the conference, then promptly lose in the BCS Championship Game, just like they do every year.

I'm ready.

flyingwv.gif

PSU1.jpg

I expect Illinois to win this game, then continue winning and finish second in the Big Ten. Ohio State will win the conference, then promptly lose in the BCS Championship Game, just like they do every year.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if Ohio State wins the conference this year.

While their QB won't take long to move into a Heisman-type player, they lost ALL of their offense from last year, and most of their big defensive threats. They usually do a great job of recruiting and red shirting their players, but I don't think they'll have much swagger this year.

I will give Ohio State credit though. They came **** close to beating Texas last year, who arguably could have been in the BCS Championship. I think they surprised a lot of people in that game.

I think of anyone - you guys probably have the best shot at the North this year (**** it).
I know that that had to hurt to write that. I thought that you would probably win it last year, but it is still tough to write that about your rival. We do get the Nubs at home as well. However we still have the brutal side of the south with OU at home and UT and TT on the road. If we take one of those and take care of business in the north, we should be in. If we somehow manage to go 2 out of 3, I would consider us a lock. (I don't expect to get 2 out of 3 though.) You never know what to expect though, I wouldn't see it as in-feasible for any team in the north other than KSU and ISU to win. I'm just so happy that the doldrums of summer sports are nearly over!

Back