College Football 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My thing with that whole article is that why are there schools operating with a deficit budget? Why are there PUBLIC schools operating with a deficit budget? and WTH are AF and Army on there? Now I do question how they are analyzing this data, because the secondary article says that a percentage of the budget operates from subsidies... however what does that percentage go towards is my question, scholarships? do the student fee's cover training facilities available to everyone or are they athletes only?

And yes I care, my taxes help fund UAB.

i've stoppong caring how they decide who plays in bowl games. i just wait for the list to published and hope the illini made the cut.

If Ga Tech beats FSU they would have a very convincing argument versus TCU..

I think it would be cool to have

Bama

Oregon

Ga Tech

OSU

I'm assuming the difference between TCU and Baylor is that TCU has already played Kansas State and Baylor hasn't? Because they are in the same conference their schedules are virtually identical.

I'll just leave this right here, sorry Fox...

16515860-large.jpg

In the end I think the Big12 screwed themselves by not declaring an outright champion.

I think they got it right. If Ohio State squeaked by Wisconsin, then it should have been Baylor. It's hard to overlook a blowout like that, and the fact that a) they put up 59 against a highly ranked defense, b) completely shut out a potential Heisman RB, c) completely overpowered on both O and D lines, d) did it with a third string QB, which shows how well rounded the team is. Also, the loss against VT doesn't look as bad since VT ended up losing 16 players due to injuries throughout the year, which hurt them bigtime.

I think it is also a testament to the fact that K-State was overrated, and the "marquee" wins against them look less stellar after the fact.

They said that the Big 12 is already looking for two teams to recruit to push them to 12 to make them eligible for a conference championship game, or will be pursuing a waiver to let them have one with 10.

I expect FSU to get thrashed by Oregon in the RB, OSU/Alabama can go either way depending on which OSU team shows up on defense (that was the first game all year when their corners and safeties played well), and the winner will trounce Oregon in the Championship game. Until they prove otherwise, Oregon will always be a team that throws up gaudy numbers on offense in a conference that has no defense in my eyes.

The bowl game that shouldn't happen is the Outback Bowl with Wisconsin and Auburn. After being dismantled 59-0 by Ohio State, the Badgers should have declined any bowl bid. Why take the risk of looking foolish again? Even the head coach bolted to take the head coach job at Oregon State. Seems UW football is a program in disarray now. Why bother to play another game?

^^^^ Because they are paid an obscene amount of money for playing in a bowl. Is that simple. They do not care if they look foolish as long as their bank account gets fatter.

Oregon is the king Of the girls division... I love to see FSU lose any day of week but Oregon has no real experience playing any decent division 1 teams.....as much as I despise FSU I think speed an size will push them over Oregon...

The Alabama / Ohio state game is the one that will most likely be a blowout...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the only Bama worth pulling for. I buy it, because Buckeyes eat Bama for breakfast.

0004125921351_500X500.jpg

Absolutely awful performance (lack of) yesterday for the Mountaineers.

Frick, that was horrible. Gave that game away in at least 10 different fashions.

Also, I still cannot believe the assistant coach for A&M throwing punches at 2 different Mountaineer players on the sidelines. What kind of moron doesn't figure he's on camera while trying that?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls14/story/_/id/12094295/texas-aggies-student-assistant-coach-michael-richardson-banned-locker-room-hitting-two-west-virginia-mountaineers-players

Last edited by a moderator:
Back