College Football 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems that the story now is the resignation. Heard something about new rules that wouldn't take effect for a couple of years. Seems odd but it is college.

They were going to lose $1,000,0000...yes, I said that with the Mike Myers accent.

Anyway, I get why the players were upset...Bad PR on the part of the Mizzou pres...and when 30 of your 58 players say I'm not going, then coach has to follow.

what did the coach do? Are the students just being the typical whiny entitlement generation or should they just have shut their entitled mouth and be thankful for the cheaper education to play since most FB players are free or near free ride anyways.

I suppose poo-smeared swasticas pissed off a few people.

I don't even know what to say other than the Longhorns are still number one at selling merchandise.

I don't know if all the emoticons are working yet so I'll just go ahead and post one...

55a811b49d2ecb0b2d882277bdbd2b1d.jpg

Big game Saturday.  Be interesting to see how the top 10 shapes up.

^Agreed.  At the beginning of the season I was pretty confident Michigan State would beat OSU, but given the past few weeks I'm no longer so sure.

LOL.  Like those big games against Ole Miss, Washington State, Navy, or Florida State?  

going backward from last week, basically a big match up every week (something the other conferences do once maybe twice a season)

Past Weekend

ARK LSU

Week Before

LSU Bama

Week Before

UGA FL

Week before

FL LSU

Week Before

Bama TXAM

Week Before

ARK Bama

etc, etc,

But be glad OSU plays in a weak conference, you will be better rested for the "playoffs"

going backward from last week, basically a big match up every week (something the other conferences do once maybe twice a season)

Past Weekend

ARK LSU

Week Before

LSU Bama

Week Before

UGA FL

Week before

FL LSU

Week Before

Bama TXAM

Week Before

ARK Bama

etc, etc,

But be glad OSU plays in a weak conference, you will be better rested for the "playoffs"
Wait a minute, you're telling me Arkansas, Georgia, and A&M are "big matchup" teams?  Oh, then on that basis, all conferences have big games every weekend too, since they also have a shitload of "big" teams that aren't even ranked in the AP top 25 (of which the Big 10 has 6 top 25 teams, compared to the SEC's 4, or the ACC's 3).  

200_s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The top 25 only compares wins / losses (which isn't apples to apples when your playing William and sue week in week out)

Google NCAAF 2015 Strength of Schedule.. OSU is like  #78

My point was there has been maybe one "big" matchup in the Big 10 this season? I can only think of one this entire season (Michigan / MSU) ?

There is almost one every week that can decide a teams fate in the SEC

But if the top 25 is important

OSU hasn't played a top 25 team the entire season, lol

Clemson has 2?

Bama has played 6

If OSU played in the SEC they would basically be Kentucky or Vandy

And yet they tore thru a couple of "big teams" last year. [emoji41]

SSDY.

The big 10 is the joke of the power conferences. The SEC has been ranked #1 at the end of every season for ever now, correct?

It seems to me, all conferences go through good times and bad. The SEC has had a very good run, no arguments there. But all teams have soft games. And not all unranked teams are shitty. Illinois sucks, but they seem to fight a good fight when it counts.

The way it is set up now is about as good as it will probably get, so may the beat team win the trophy, cause the buckeyes will always be the 1st on that new list.

So Michigan State vs. Alabama in the Cotton Bowl.  Should be interesting, looks like Alabama is favored by 9 pts.  I'll be putting my money where my mouth is when I get to Vegas this weekend (MSU to win +300).

From what I read it sounds like he's finishing the season with Alabama through the playoffs.  Apparently Georgia is playing their bowl game with an interim head coach.

Back