College Football 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No love at all?

You suck. [emoji3]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The two teams I wanted to lose did just that!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

So, what was that about cupcake leagues? Did the SEC even win any of their bowl games?

Congrats Supe. I'm happy with the outcome, as Mich State's win over Baylor along with Oregon's and OSU's wins means Mich State's only losses this year were to the championship contenders.

one thing i don't understand about ohio state...why must they insist on being called THE Ohio state? Is there more than one that they need to clarify they are the original or something?

one thing i don't understand about ohio state...why must they insist on being called THE Ohio state? Is there more than one that they need to clarify they are the original or something?
Years ago, there was some confusion with Ohio University. So, OSU started the whole 'The' thing and it became a badge to the school.

Years ago, there was some confusion with Ohio University. So, OSU started the whole 'The' thing and it became a badge to the school.
a badge of arrogance maybe

Not sure how it's any different than Miami being "The U"

a badge of arrogance maybe

lol... I've made fun of them for this on occasion

well I was surprised! Actually was so glad to find out FSU lost! I heard that the Oregon players were teasing Winston about all his off the field troubles, apparently they got into his head. That wont work out well in the NFL.

surprised to see Ohio get by Alabama to be honest, I really thought they had 0 chance..

I didn't see any games, was skiing all day and traffic SUCKED on the way back.. to many F'n tourist on I-70 I think ;0

Oh well SEC is allowed one down year every 10 years...

Last edited by a moderator:

It stems from the 1800's. State legislation renamed the school following a land grant act from "Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College" to "The Ohio State University".

Hey Oregon football players - may want to wait until the cameras are off before making rape jokes...

Hey EG:

Urban Meyer SEC Speed.jpg

Hey EG:

attachicon.gif
Urban Meyer SEC Speed.jpg

I saw plenty of speed and good hits last night, since I was watching the game... plenty of facebook posts early in the fame where OSU fans were giving up on their team, you included (iirc), which is why I'm sure you didn't actually see what mistakes we made that lost the game (like our defense forgetting that you can just run into someone and fall over and expect them to stop, or that jacked up "stolen from the IronBowl Auburn team" trick play that utterly failed)

Ohio State was flat out better than Alabama yesterday. In the first half, Ohio State was making it to the one yard line on 3 occasions and came away with 6 points. They were still moving the ball twice as much as Alabama. Once OSU got things straightened out, we see the result.

I watched it unbaised, as I dislike each team in a virtual equal amount. :)

I think OSU beats Oregon in the next game, too. It will be a great game though.

I'm just happy the 1st year of the playoff is underway. If this would have been last year, in BCS mode, Alabama would have played Florida State for the National Championship. I believe the new system has proved itself in year one.

I'm just happy the 1st year of the playoff is underway. If this would have been last year, in BCS mode, Alabama would have played Florida State for the National Championship. I believe the new system has proved itself in year one.
I think that's one thing we can all agree on.

There is no right answer for the selection process. Too many teams, too many conferences.

I say take the top 10 using BCS formula with no bye weeks....would be interesting as hell....

Back