College Football 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well.. Alabama went north and played Notre Dame a few years ago (AL 42 ND 14), Auburn went North and played Oregon and won by a few points, LSU & Florida both went "North" to give Ohio State beatdowns back to back..

there really are no teams "north" that really matter very much in the world of college football these days

And then Ohio State went and smacked a highly ranked Arkansas team in a bowl game? And the Florida loss was with Ted Ginn out of the game and an injured Troy Smith.

And Notre Dame doesn't count. They're perpetually terrible.

Florida State looks terrible against all of their weak, unranked opponents, but is good enough to win, so will end up in the Top 4 even though talent-wise they're probably not even a top 10 team.
I don't think OSU can really talk about weak, unranked opponents. I will agree that FSU hasn't looked impressive and they haven't played a lot of ranked teams, but neither has OSU. FSU would be in the same position as OSU is right now if they had lost any of their games.

Florida State looks terrible against all of their weak, unranked opponents, but is good enough to win, so will end up in the Top 4 even though talent-wise they're probably not even a top 10 team.
I don't think OSU can really talk about weak, unranked opponents. I will agree that FSU hasn't looked impressive and they haven't played a lot of ranked teams, but neither has OSU. FSU would be in the same position as OSU is right now if they had lost any of their games.

Ohio State beat two currently ranked teams, one of which still sits at #11. FSU's best win was against a #22 Clemson team, and it took OT to get there.

FSU close games this year? OK State, NC State, Notre Dame, Miami, Boston College, Florida... and 6 games on their schedule of mostly unranked teams were by less than a touchdown.

FSU only won the games they won because they decided to wait for the hearing until after football season so they could have their star player... speaking of which wasn't that supposed to happen yesterday or today?

I thought they managed to get it postponed until late January?

I think most of the whole world will be GA Tech fans next week.. But I don't think the jackets have enough criminals on their team to get it done to be honest...

Greetings from next week. I have some pretty amazing college football upsets to share with you, but shhh, don't tell anybody. And NO GAMBLING with this secret future knowledge. That means you Biff!

#1 Alabama crushed Missouri and are on their way to the Final Four.

After 60 minutes of pathetic sissy-slapping each other, #2 Oregon finally put more points up than #7 Arizona and is on the way to the finals.

#5 TCU got surprised by an unranked Iowa State and almost threw away the game, but they squeaked by with a pathetic 7-3 victory, which is embarassing for everyone.

A shaken up #6 Ohio State lost to an overrated #10 Wisconsin, 13-9.

#7 Baylor loses to Kansas State, 19-11, proving that their entire season was just a fluke and they're presently hopping their way back to Texas, bumping their sad little butts along the way.

The other teams in the top tiers performed exactly as expected.

Except for one.

Georgia Tech crushes Florida State 56-0 to secure the ACC title ... AND, faced with an overwhelming plurality of overrated teams in the upper echelons, the BCS machine is forced to offer the outstanding Georgia Tech an invitation to the final four.

Jackets win! Jackets win again! National Champs.

^^ quiet from the MI peanut gallery. Or I'll start trash talking about the Packers being in 1st place. ;)

I think most of the whole world will be GA Tech fans next week.. But I don't think the jackets have enough criminals on their team to get it done to be honest...
I felt like the jackets had a better chance against FSU then they did going into the game against UGA.

I don't think FSU's resume is terribly impressive either but if they go undefeated there is no way you should keep them out of the playoff. They will have gone undefeated in a major conference and beaten Georgia Tech, a team that managed a win against Virginia Tech. ;)

Last nights rankings are F'ING ABSURD. TCU and Baylor have f'ing identical schedules, Baylor WINS the head to head, yet TCU jumps to THREE? All they did was secure the top 4 barring a loss by any of the top 4. They won't leap frog someone over two top 5 teams, and they won't drop FSU out if they stay undefeated. I have absolutely no mother f'ing clue what the "criteria" this f'ing committee thinks they're following at this point, other than watching games and saying "oooh, that looked neat, lets move them up a few spots this week."

Last nights rankings are F'ING ABSURD. TCU and Baylor have f'ing identical schedules, Baylor WINS the head to head, yet TCU jumps to THREE?
I agree. If any team has reason to be slighted in this process so far it's Baylor.

I have always thought the college championship system was a joke now it's just sad

I have always thought the college championship system was a joke now it's just sad

I really don't understand how they f'd it up this bad. All they had to do was take the existing BCS ranking system, and instead of two teams, take the top 4 (or 8). DONE. Nope, nope, nope. They are DELIBERATELY doing this to draw attention. I'm certain of it.

Back