Bad advice to previous poster

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course. But be sure to tell your current boss to F himself, and burn all possible bridges before departure. I mean, once you're gone, who needs them, right? Don't actually apply for the other position until after you've left your current role, though. Don't want to be perceived as "unavailable."

Been working too late again. How can I break the habit?

Sell the house, move the family to the office. That way you don't have to give anything up!

Where should Mr. Tex and I go to dinner for our anniversary? Fancy restaurant or burger shack?

A fancy burger shack. Nothing says romance like a lobster bib and a burger that's free if you can finish it.

About to leave during rush hour. What's the secret to circumventing traffic?

Buy an emergency light & siren assembly from Galls. Install and utilize whenever stuck in traffic. Be sure to get the same color that the local PD / Fire Department utilizes. Also get a scanner installed so you can listen for the cops coming after you. When in traffic, activate the lights / siren / scanner and floor it! Be sure to have enough fuel so you can outrun anyone attempting to catch you.

How can I get more work done at the house without hiring a contractor or quitting my job?

Burn it down so it'll be the issuance company's problem.

What should I do about the small chips on my 9 y/o car?

Crazy glue your wife's jewelry covering them up.

How should I tell my mother in law who is pro-Palestinian/Hamas to stop talking about the Middle East because I am sick of hearing about it + am pro- Israel?

Buy her a postcard with the Star of David on it.

A friend just offered me to join his company in what would be a side job for me. Should I accept?

Yes but make sure to quit your primary job first so you have enough time for the side job.

Should I take out a small loan for new house windows?

Take out a big loan and also build a baseball field of dreams for all the kids with your house behind it.

How do I get my beer-aholic neighbor to stop drinking all my beer?

Quit your job and open a micro brewery in your basement. Keep your creations on tap and forgo bottles; only kegs.

How can I get rid of this head cold before the weekend shows up?

I suggest a raging alcohol binge between now and then. Stay up until at least 2 a.m.

Should I get my car fixed at the same dealership that may have caused the problem?

If you haven't do so aleady, I would say yes. But leave your credit card and tell them to spare no expense when fixing the car.

Do I really have to help my daughter with her homework?

Nope. Let her figure it out herself. She'll be fine.

Shouid I start working now or kill another hour on the interwebs?

Why stop at an hour? Free interwebs all day long!!

Do I start looking for a new job now, or wait 8 months to get vested in my retirement account?

Retirement is for suckers. Get out of Dodge, and burn those bridges!

All of my calendars still show September, and I'm too lazy to change them. What to do?

Just pretend today is September 7th and go with it.

Should I pay off my student loans early?

Yes. But do so buy using your credit card at an ATM to get cash out. Put the cash in a brief case hand-cuffed to your arm and go pay those bastids.

How much time should I devote to my grad school homework this week?

EVERY waking and sleeping moment.

How do I get motivated to do something worth while today?

Put BOOBS, BACON and BEER pictures on all of your unfinished work.

How do I get my soon to be ex wife to move out of the house faster?

Set the house on fire.

How do I convince my boss to let me use my vacation time.

Back