April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very common at the national labs. Someone with background in nuclear and geology or civil/geological will have an easy time finding a job. Waste disposition a big part of the field and 25% of nukes will work on the back end of the fuel cycle at some point in their career.

EM "owns" about a third of INL and their jobs are never done. If you can get and keep a clearance then you'll be set for life.

You can do research at INL too, civil background and MS Nuclear is more than sufficient to do work there. You'd probably need more than that at the NNSA labs though. One thing to bear in mind is that any research work you do there will never get "built". It's a lot of paper studies that end up on a shelf.

I'll PM with more info later.
Awesome; thank you 😁

Well lots of people are predicting this is the week. Well, no turning back now! Whatever comes of the result, I have resigned myself to accept it and move on.

Ladies and gentlemen, hold on to your butts! Results week incoming (probably). Mickey, take the wheel!

0E47E968-B0E8-466D-8C53-66BBB8BB6513.jpeg

morning ladies and gents...anyone else not planning on getting anything productive done today?....(I think this is worse than the test and the studying combined)

Last edited:
Back