April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guessed about 8-10 questions on each part (breadth & depth) 😰😭 sht im screwed. i can imagine and feel my heart sink💔
Well, you'd be screwed only if you assume you got every question wrong that you guessed!
Assuming you guessed 25% of those right, that puts you about 65/80. Maybe 60/80 depending on how confident you are in the other questions, so thats 75%

Yes hopefully the 25% right percentage (for pure guessing) holds as I think my AM was decent as I only guessed on about 4 questions and they were not wild guesses. So the most optimistic way I have thought to look at it by feeling confident I could have got 30-32 correct in the AM. The Water Resources PM was a different matter as I ran out of time at the end and had to wild guess on 6-8 questions in the last 5 minutes. So thinking that around a 70% score (not scaled) is the magic percentage in my mind (i.e. around 56 +/-). I assume at least 57 correct to be safe. Okay, feeling pretty good about 32 correct in the AM (as being feasible), that only leaves needing to get 25 correct in the PM to reach the promised land of 57. I feel comfortable in assuming I could have got 1/2 or 20 questions correct in the PM; an admittedly weak performance if the case but just assuming it as a realistic and kind of worst case scenario. So just for the sake of argument, if I purely guessed on the last 20 questions by odds alone I would hope for 5 correct answers; bringing me to 25 correct in the PM and 57 overall; although an element of luck may change this up or down a bit. Anyhow, that fact (in my mind) that one could possibly wild guess on 20 PM questions and still have a chance, gives me hope. As I only randomly guessed on about 6-8., felt strong around 20 questions and about 10 I think could go either way; as they were either educated guesses by ruling some outlier answers out or getting an answer (of the ones available) but just scared could have fell for an NCEES trap or distractor as they are so good at.

In any case, that is the most positive way I can think of my chances, a strong AM (around 32) helping outweigh a lackluster PM where one could literally maybe only get 20/40 correct and still possibly have a chance, even if wildly guessing on 1/2 the exam. My thinking here may be off track and incorrect, but it makes me feel better about my odds and I am sure of at least 20 PM correct, at least in my mind. Now obviously is the AM is not as strong, the PM performance needs to pickup the slack. I am probably thinking way too much into this, but cannot help myself. The best of luck to everyone during the roughly midway point of "Welcome to the Suck!" being 3 weeks out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes hopefully the 25% right percentage (for pure guessing) holds as I think my AM was decent as I only guessed on about 4 questions and they were not wild guesses. So the most optimistic way I have thought to look at it by feeling confident I could have got 30-32 correct in the AM. The Water Resources PM was a different matter as I ran out of time at the end and had to wild guess on 6-8 questions in the last 5 minutes. So thinking that around a 70% score (not scaled) is the magic percentage in my mind (i.e. around 56 +/-). I assume at least 57 correct to be safe. Okay, feeling pretty good about 32 correct in the AM (as being feasible), that only leaves needing to get 25 correct in the PM to reach the promised land of 57. I feel comfortable in assuming I could have got 1/2 or 20 questions correct in the PM; an admittedly weak performance if the case but just assuming it as a realistic and kind of worst case scenario. So just for the sake of argument, if I purely guessed on the last 20 questions by odds alone I would hope for 5 correct answers; bringing me to 25 correct in the PM and 57 overall; although an element of luck may change this up or down a bit. Anyhow, that fact (in my mind) that one could possibly wild guess on 20 PM questions and still have a chance, gives me hope. As I only randomly guessed on about 6-8., felt strong around 20 questions and about 10 I think could go either way; as they were either educated guesses by ruling some outlier answers out or getting an answer (of the ones available) but just scared could have fell for an NCEES trap or distractor as they are so good at.

In any case, that is the most positive way I can think of my chances, a strong AM (around 32) helping outweigh a lackluster PM where one could literally maybe only get 20/40 correct and still possibly have a chance, even if wildly guessing on 1/2 the exam. My thinking here may be off track and incorrect, but it makes me feel better about my odds and I am sure of at least 20 PM correct, at least in my mind. Now obviously is the AM is not as strong, the PM performance needs to pickup the slack. I am probably thinking way too much into this, but cannot help myself. The best of luck to everyone during the roughly midway point of "Welcome to the Suck!" being 3 weeks out tomorrow.
I am horrify now :(
How many more weeks do we need to wait?

Lacking the discipline to keep myself within logical thought, I am nervous today because of the January results. Are the April results going to come out today? No.
Am I a bit of a wreck today? Yes.

In any case, that is the most positive way I can think of my chances, a strong AM (around 32) helping outweigh a lackluster PM where one could literally maybe only get 20/40 correct and still possibly have a chance, even if wildly guessing on 1/2 the exam. My thinking here may be off track and incorrect, but it makes me feel better about my odds and I am sure of at least 20 PM correct, at least in my mind. Now obviously is the AM is not as strong, the PM performance needs to pickup the slack. I am probably thinking way too much into this, but cannot help myself.
LOL.

I'm really laughing at myself because this is near verbatim my entire internal narrative during November and the first half of December in 2014. Go burn off the stress at the gym or park or wherever.

I know it's hard to believe me right now but It'll be okay.

How many more weeks do we need to wait?
Probably 1.5-3 weeks. More if you're in Pennsylvania.

I'd be shocked it anything comes out before May 24th.

Lacking the discipline to keep myself within logical thought, I am nervous today because of the January results. Are the April results going to come out today? No.
Am I a bit of a wreck today? Yes.
It won't be today. If it were to happen today we would have seen some sign by now.

LOL.

I'm really laughing at myself because this is near verbatim my entire internal narrative during November and the first half of December in 2014. Go burn off the stress at the gym or park or wherever.

I know it's hard to believe me right now but It'll be okay.

Probably 1.5-3 weeks. More if you're in Pennsylvania.

I'd be shocked it anything comes out before May 24th.

It won't be today. If it were to happen today we would have seen some sign by now.
I am in NY
So maybe 1.5 to 3 weeks :( I guessed May 25th , on a Tuesday??? maybe Thursday ?? or it really doesn't matter?

I’m entering the dangerous zone of being far enough removed from the horrors of the actual exams that I think it’s in the realm of possibility that I passed. I simultaneously know that this is a fool’s errand to think. Fun times over here!

I’m entering the dangerous zone of being far enough removed from the horrors of the actual exams that I think it’s in the realm of possibility that I passed. I simultaneously know that this is a fool’s errand to think. Fun times over here!
I'm in the dangerous zone of enough alcohol to think that I got a perfect🤪

I signed up for PMP during the waiting period and haven't been here too many times. I tried working out, house projects and family time and so far another cert. study worked the best for me.

I think my brain cells have all packed up and left... I have yet to log in to NCEES and start hitting F5.

Am I broken? I feel numb. Not sure where that is in the Phases. Maybe this is the 5th stage of grief and I have reached Acceptance. But that is also mildly concerning.

I think my brain cells have all packed up and left... I have yet to log in to NCEES and start hitting F5.

Am I broken? I feel numb. Not sure where that is in the Phases. Maybe this is the 5th stage of grief and I have reached Acceptance. But that is also mildly concerning.
I'm in the same boat. I think my emotions got sick of the roller coaster ride they have been on. They packed up and left. I feel nothing right now. Not sure what to think lol

Back