April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But also, let's talk about the date! 😂
I really doubt it's this week. It feels a bit too early. Yeah, there's less examinees than normal with it being Civils only. But that's still >60% of the regular workload. Next week is more in line with history.

And I'm on vacation this week! I'm not in a position to do the real time map or any of the other stuff that happens on release day. Especially on Thursday. The April 2021 results subforum hasn't even been made yet. All this means that Murphy's Law dictates that it'll come out this week.

I was just reading through the October 2020 suck forum for fun and I read a post where the "Date Taken" changed from like "October 2020" to "October 22, 2020" on the the NCEES dashboard, and then the results came out that day.... I just checked my NCEES for the first time (ok maybe like the 3rd) and it says "April 23, 2020". Has it always said the full date that this time???? This is my 2nd time taking the exam (first time was October 2019) and I don't remember if that happened then too. I am certain I failed this time again, so I am not sure if I want the results to be released yet. But I kind of want them to be released now too.

I was just reading through the October 2020 suck forum for fun and I read a post where the "Date Taken" changed from like "October 2020" to "October 22, 2020" on the the NCEES dashboard, and then the results came out that day.... I just checked my NCEES for the first time (ok maybe like the 3rd) and it says "April 23, 2020". Has it always said the full date that this time???? This is my 2nd time taking the exam (first time was October 2019) and I don't remember if that happened then too. I am certain I failed this time again, so I am not sure if I want the results to be released yet. But I kind of want them to be released now too.
I don't remember what it said for this time. But I do remember when that happened back in October.

I’m thinking that since Alabama is typically the first to release and they have their board meeting today and do not have one in June, that we might start seeing releases late today.
Why is there no dying reaction to this?!?! I slowly feel the life leaving my body from knowing this information!

I’m thinking that since Alabama is typically the first to release and they have their board meeting today and do not have one in June, that we might start seeing releases late today.
Is there any link between board meetings and the result date in the PREV years? From the data I have, and from the Alabama events calender, I dont find any relation.
But if we get it today, I think i would feel relieved, instead of having heart attacks every time i think about it.

Every internal voice in my head started screaming when I read this..... sitting in Birmingham...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HHEEELLLPPPPPPPPPPP MMMMMEEEEEEEEE

we have all officially entered the freak out zone making correlations that probably do not exist. lol 🤣

I was just reading through the October 2020 suck forum for fun and I read a post where the "Date Taken" changed from like "October 2020" to "October 22, 2020" on the the NCEES dashboard, and then the results came out that day....
Accolades for being among the very few people who actually read through previous years' threads looking for hints.

Yes, what you mentioned is one of the signs that the release is imminent. It's one of the things I keep to myself so I have a means to tell if the release is legit and not a trolling attempt.

I don't have a means to judge, but I doubt anything changed today.

Accolades for being among the very few people who actually read through previous years' threads looking for hints.

Yes, what you mentioned is one of the signs that the release is imminent. It's one of the things I keep to myself so I have a means to tell if the release is legit and not a trolling attempt.

I don't have a means to judge, but I doubt anything changed today.
My NCEES website now shows "April 23, 2021"

It's not connected. It's probably just a regular board meeting.

I don't think any State requires a formal board meeting to release results.

...and Alabama hasn't been the first to release in a few cycles anyway.

Is there any link between board meetings and the result date in the PREV years? From the data I have, and from the Alabama events calender, I dont find any relation.
But if we get it today, I think i would feel relieved, instead of having heart attacks every time i think about it.
There isn't a relationship. See above post.

Back