April 2019 Results Map

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Illinois email posted at 3:41 5-14-2019. Passed!  NCEES posted prior to CTS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Third time was a charm! Got the email for CO bright and early today!

Some coworkers told me I'd receive a second email right away with my license number...Any Coloradans hear that or have that experience?? Makes me nervous...I keep checking NCEES to make sure I did in-fact pass....

For PE Transportation, I find School of PE and Test Masters to be very useful.

TestMasters was my first choice, but a week before the class started they informed me the in-person class in my area failed to get enough seats and I could either watch a live recording from home or watch a previously recorded session. No way I could focus for the 6 or so hours watching a lecture from home. Especially with a 14 month old who knows how to open doors lol. 

Had a friend take TM for the Transportation and said it was very helpful. 

To expand on my previous comment, I thought PPI was good for the AM section of the test. The spots they told us to highlight and or tab was mostly on point.  The PM they relied too much on Six Minute Solutions and some hard as hell PMX practice test which were impossible to solve. Neither of those books had any question similar to the PM section IMO. Didn't feel confident going into the test for the Water/WW section and left feeling shaky there. 

Still can't believe I passed(1st time). 

Good luck to the folks in MN, NJ and other states that have yet to release results

Illinois posted at 4:40 est, Pass for Machine Design Mechanical!
Cannot recommend Dr Tom's Classroom enough if it is available for your subject!

16:45 Update. Added Illinois. Updated Massachusetts and New Jersey to reflect the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and tea leaf reading.

1700.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi hardhatsandpinkshoes!

I can say EET helped me significantly for my afternoon portion success.  They are well worth the ~$500 for the PM course and I would recommend signing up for the On-Demand classes so that you can start studying early.  I believe they allot about 1.5-2 months for the AM portion and only 1 month for the PM, so don't wait until they start to start reviewing their material because it will be rushed.  Their video lectures are very good, but they can go a little heavy into the theoretical stuff like indeterminate analysis which I don't think is worth the time to study.

Here is the biggest advantage of EET: they provide numerous problems for each type of problem and give you a wide variety of different problems.   What I did is create an index of all the problems in their tabbed binders so that I can quickly reference the solution process for a similar problem on the exam.  This approach alone helped me with around 15 problems.  Make sure to bring all the codes you can because the conceptual questions are easy points.

You were very close to a passing score!  With a few minor changes to your strategy, you will easily pass it.  I suggest getting your AM up to 32-34 and then letting EET revamp your PM session.

Good luck!
@FLPE Thank you so much! That was extremely helpful. Also good to know I can purchase just the depth portion. I truly feel I can get my morning scores up on my own, as I can think of at least two questions from this exam cycle that I would have gotten correct had I read the question more carefully ;)  Realistically, there are probably more I can do that with as well. 

I also took EET Structural for both AM and PM.

I do agree that they did focus on indeterminate analysis and force/load effects far too much but it allowed me to view numerous examples which helped conceptually.

They were great on both Steel and Concrete which it seems the depth focuses most heavily upon.

One thing that helped maybe more than anything this go around was being more familiar with my references.
@ads0221 Thank you for this advice! Honestly, my codes afternoon score was 1/4, which didn't surprise me. One I couldn't find, and two I didn't even have the manuals for, so they were a flat-out guess. If I would have had those, maybe I would have passed. Who knows? Definitely plan to be more familiar with (and bring all) my resources this go round...especially for the afternoon!

Im in Illinois and I got an email from NCEES. I passed! second try. The state website hasn't updated yet so hopefully this is the real thing.....I finally passed 😭
Hello Maxi90, will you please share how I can check in state website? (link please)

I am nervous and want to double triple check that I have indeed passed! 🙂

For CA Civils - where do we go to apply to take the seismic/geometric exams? I don't see them on the NCEES website.

Im in Illinois and I got an email from NCEES. I passed! second try. The state website hasn't updated yet so hopefully this is the real thing.....I finally passed 😭

I triple checked myself by logging off/on on the NCEES website. Here is the link for the state: https://www.continentaltesting.net/OnlineStatus/Login.aspx

I just checked again and it is up now :)  
Thank you so much! Passed indeed 🙂 The horrid memories from failing twice before has made me paranoid 🙂 

Back