5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the resident fire marshall, I will have to say that the space heater is not allowed per local fire regs. The regs however, do not address 55 gallon drum fires. I will allow those.

What else do you expect from Architects? They are not expected to solve problems other than designing a house around a kohler faucet.

Because of the load they put on electrical systems. The fire dept said that current technology with space heaters makes them VERY safe from "heat" based fires (over-turning, overheating, etc), but many office buildings are not wired to properly handle the wattage when coupled with computers, servers, plotters, etc.

At least that's what I've been told.

Because of the load they put on electrical systems. The fire dept said that current technology with space heaters makes them VERY safe from "heat" based fires (over-turning, overheating, etc), but many office buildings are not wired to properly handle the wattage when coupled with computers, servers, plotters, etc.
The purpose of the circuit breaker is to protect the downstream cables from overheating. If a space heater (or any other load) can cause an electrical fire, it's not a space heater problem. The protection for the wiring is inadequate, period. As an instructor once put it: "The first commandment of electrical engineering is thou shalt not make fire".

Last edited by a moderator:

screw that, my feet are cold. and our building has a circuit breaker so I'm going to take a chance.

the last guy caught using one at our office was flogged out by the flagpole I beleive..

we have a few at the house for bathrooms and they warm but are cool to the touch

My grandma is going to kill herself wearing her snuggie. She kept wearing it around at Christmas despite us telling her that it's not a dress. She damn near tripped over the thing and fell down a flight of stairs one morning.

My wife got a snuggie for her birthday (a couple weeks before xmas). She lives in that thing when she's at home. She also has the same tripping issues, but coupled with the fact she is a complete clutz, makes for some entertaining moments. I just need to get my video camera out so I can send it to America's Funniest Home Videos...

My grandma is going to kill herself wearing her snuggie. She kept wearing it around at Christmas despite us telling her that it's not a dress. She damn near tripped over the thing and fell down a flight of stairs one morning.

My wife got a snuggie for her birthday (a couple weeks before xmas). She lives in that thing when she's at home. She also has the same tripping issues, but coupled with the fact she is a complete clutz, makes for some entertaining moments. I just need to get my video camera out so I can send it to America's Funniest Home Videos...

They do know that you are supposed to wear clothes on underneath the snuggie right? I don't think they're made as a substitute for street clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back