5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife likes to use apple sauce in her cornbread recipe. I don't know how or why, but they taste good.
Whereabouts is she from?
A small farm town in Eastern Colorado. Both her and her mother (as well as several of the farmers' wifes in the area) prefer to do any baking with apple sauce. She uses it in place of sugar and some of the liquid. All I know is that it leaves the cookies/brownies/cakes/muffins/etc very soft and moist.

It may be cold here, but at least we get to see the sun most of the time. The sun automatically raises the "perceived" temperature by several degrees.

Edit: Post # 700 for me!!!

Last edited:
I'd like to try groundhog. They look so plump and juicy whenever I see them by the side of the road. I guess for the majority of the pupulation their first though is "Awe, soo cute". Mine is "mmmm, food".

A high school buddy of mine used to try to run groundhogs over on purpose. He thought he had one nailed one night until he was right on top of it and discovered it was a skunk. That was one smelly '72 Impala when he got home.

i have a little barrell type goldfish pond on the back porch (the goldfish appear to be doing well under a few inches of ice) last night I made a pot of boiling water to break through the ice to feed them, well I poured a 1 qt pot of boiling water on the top and it didnt melt a damn thing... so then I drilled a 1" spade bit through it and dropped some food down to them (this was all at my daughters request that they needed to be fed)

it was frozen over again this morning, they will just have to make due until all this 19^ weather is gone..

I spend most of January and February keeping a hole melted in the ice for our koi pond. They say you have to keep a hole in the ice to allow gases to escape. If you don't, it will supposedly kill the fish. The usual weapon of choice is about 3 gallons of hot water.

Even with the bubbler, it still freezes over for a few days. Keeping the waterfall pump running helps a lot too. It's only a problem when the high temperature is below 20 degrees.

The architects were bitching about it being cold downstairs. I suggested they get a 55-gallon drum and start a fire in it. They were not amused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back