5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't do any cornbread, but that would have been GOOD. A man I met on a mission trip in Gautier, MS taught me how to make jalepeno cornbread. I've made it, but it's never as good as his was.

Everybody seems to like theirs a little different. It's all good to me, unless you try to put sugar in it. Bleccch!

My wife likes to use apple sauce in her cornbread recipe. I don't know how or why, but they taste good.

First Monday morning of 2010 :plusone:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear Ble made it safely to Peru. We're assured that there were a lot of people pissed off on an airplane somewhere.

Wow...I missed 3 days of posting on here*, and only missed about 1 page in the 5k.

*Reason for missed days in another thread.

It was 13 degrees F when I walked into to work this morning. Now that Christmas is over, I'm ready for spring to get here.

havent dont either in a long time but duck hunting was always alot more challenging than deer hunting (to me)

^^ I'm sure that's true, but ... lying in the mud at dawn?? Or in a boat on that cold-arse water ?? Fuhggeddaboutit !!!

:p

Ahhh, duck hunting, upland bird hunting, and dove hunting are my favorites. Duck hunting would probably fall 3rd on that list but I still enjoy it. I think part of the enjoyment is the challenge. If you do it right you shouldn't be wet, I was cold, but not wet.

I prefer to stay snug and warm in the bed. I let the other deer hunters do the work and bring their leftovers.

I've never seen the allure in ANY sort of bird hunting, myself. I don't like poultry, their isn't much meat on 'em, and it is usually pretty gamie.

I got plenty of the great outdoors working on the farm. Never cared much for hunting other than dispatching the groundhogs right after we bailed a field. They were much easier targets with shorter grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back