39... I mean... 40 days

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The results will be out today!!!! I bet everything I have on it!!!

I just checked the downloadable Kentucky PE roster and I searched for the highest PE License # and then saw that it was issued yesterday.

Just to double check I compared the data to the Surveyors on that same list. Last updates (and also highest PS License #) on 11/24, one day before the PS results were released.

The wait will be over in 6 hours max.

I hope that you're right. Aren't licenses issued around the year for comity applicants?

I just checked the downloadable Kentucky PE roster and I searched for the highest PE License # and then saw that it was issued yesterday.

Just to double check I compared the data to the Surveyors on that same list. Last updates (and also highest PS License #) on 11/24, one day before the PS results were released.

If you're wrong, I'm going to send my dog over to your house to pee on your pillow.

I've been checking the Colorado list of Active PEs daily (hourly). A few names have been added each day but I'm waiting for a mass update.

I feel like if this were true, Kentucky Examinees (and probably some other states) would have posted by now. But NO one has posted that they see their name on a state website. I STILL hope you are right!!!

In general I think the October wait time is probably a bit longer than the April wait time due to the Thanksgiving Holiday....

Your theory doesn't hold as there are several licenses issued on a single day before Dec 02 like 11/18, 11/21 so on. Anyways hope we get it today...

Your theory doesn't hold as there are several licenses issued on a single day before Dec 02 like 11/18, 11/21 so on. Anyways hope we get it today...
The Texas roster is the same way. The most recent date is 12/2/14, and there are only about 4 or 5 people listed on that date. So, either nearly everyone in Texas sucks and failed the exam, or just a handful of people were granted comity yesterday.

090cd8c3fc32de94a13d87173529788904629f8a46257fd2329b989f7f3e8ed3.jpg

I know everyone gets a kick out of teasing the waiting group, but I honestly despise everything about NCEES.

They can't post a simple update that says hey PE test takers, it's going to be another week until we release results.

What harm could come from giving an update? People are still hammering them in anticipation anyway.

I know everyone gets a kick out of teasing the waiting group, but I honestly despise everything about NCEES.

They can't post a simple update that says hey PE test takers, it's going to be another week until we release results.

What harm could come from giving an update? People are still hammering them in anticipation anyway.

minor updates of "hey guys, still working on it. will report back later." will just cause further unrest and give people more reasons to moan. plus they have no control over timing once it's been released to individual states. i don't see a reason to get irked at NCEES.

Truth is it bothers me too. They are so vague and they really don't need to be. They could be much more transparent. That said though, they have made big strides in being more transparent in recent years. They really have. But still, I think they could improve a great deal on giving people updates.

1. It has never taken 10-12 weeks for at least the past 8 years. It's taken 6-8, maybe up to 10 for the slowest states, but never 10-12. They could change that for starters.

2. It has absolutely taken less time more recently than it did even just a couple years ago. The evidence is out there (on this very website) that results are consistently being released to licensing boards within the first 45-50 days (or less) for the bulk of the states. Why not say that. It doesn't mean it will always be that way, and if they have a bad year just explain why, but when you are consistently hitting a target at 6 weeks and then telling people religiously that it will take twice that, you lose all credibility.

3. We get that the licensing agencies are the people who authorize the release and we realize that NCEES doesn't have any say in how fast or slow that part of the equation takes, so just say, NCEES on average releases results to licensing agencies in about 6 weeks, beyond that it's on the states.

4. They could tell us the **** formula they use to determine the cut score for christsakes, what harm does it do for us to know that? It gives us something to analyze and calculate for 6 weeks, as opposed to a lot of wild and incorrect speculation. Come on give us a crumb.

because they gave a timeframe of 8-10 weeks. anything before than is just gravy and really don't need to justify anything to anyone. they have been getting better as the years have gone by. sometimes I think they should purposely hold the results until the 8 weeks if they get them done sooner just to spite those of the instant gratification world of today.

because they gave a timeframe of 8-10 weeks. anything before than is just gravy and really don't need to justify anything to anyone. they have been getting better as the years have gone by. sometimes I think they should purposely hold the results until the 8 weeks if they get them done sooner just to spite those of the instant gratification world of today.
I wish Road Guy would institute an "unlike" button for this post.

LOL what is she talking about? What's next......they should go back to mailing results?

minor updates of "hey guys, still working on it. will report back later." will just cause further unrest and give people more reasons to moan. plus they have no control over timing once it's been released to individual states. i don't see a reason to get irked at NCEES.

I would assume they have a schedule that is updated and corrected during the grading phase.

I doubt they get into the office tomorrow and say, "alright folks release them today."

So to me, I think they know the approximate day they will release the results to the state boards.

"Hey PE test takers, we're still working on the grading..estimated date for test results sent to state boards around 12/8-12/10."

I understand your point and if that is how NCEES feels than I disagree with them but respect their position.

Any additional info they give trying to be more specific will only get them more phone calls and emails. Hell, look at how many people bother them now knowing the standard answer is 8-10 weeks.

Back