39... I mean... 40 days

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrote the TN board yesterday and asked when they expect the results to be released, received a reply from the board director stating the NCEES has not released the PE exam results to the states yet, but they expect them to in the next couple of weeks (before Christmas).

Well crap. I was doing just fine in my ignorant bliss until I came here this morning and read through the last couple pages of this thread. Now I'm pins and needles, punching F5 on the NCEES website like crazy. You see what you guys are doing to us?!

I am curious how consistent they'll be with the 40-days thing, especially here in Texas where that's apparently been the norm the last couple of years. Getting the results by this Friday at least seems like a pretty good bet.

Well crap. I was doing just fine in my ignorant bliss until I came here this morning and read through the last couple pages of this thread. Now I'm pins and needles, punching F5 on the NCEES website like crazy. You see what you guys are doing to us?!

I am curious how consistent they'll be with the 40-days thing, especially here in Texas where that's apparently been the norm the last couple of years. Getting the results by this Friday at least seems like a pretty good bet.
I check the Texas roster constantly lol

In my case, I went the long way on this: HV electrician for 7 years -> third party acceptance testing/commissioning for 12 years -> designer for about 11 years -> EIT (passed exam this April - YAY) -> took PE exam in October. I guess I can wait a few more hours/days/weeks. :waiting:

In my case, I went the long way on this: HV electrician for 7 years -> third party acceptance testing/commissioning for 12 years -> designer for about 11 years -> EIT (passed exam this April - YAY) -> took PE exam in October. I guess I can wait a few more hours/days/weeks. :waiting:

And I thought I took the long road.

I check the Texas roster constantly lol

Yeah, I'm (sadly) now doing this too. I'm not on there yet! But at least no one else was added yet today either...

Just incase anyone else is wondering.

The total number of days since Friday, October 24th, 2014 is 40 days.

This is equal to 1 month and 9 days.

This does not include the end date, so it's accurate if you're measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an event that includes both the starting date and the ending date, then it would actually be 41 days.

If you're counting workdays or weekends, there are 28 weekdays and 12 weekend days.

If you include the end date of Dec 3, 2014 which is a Wednesday, then there would be 29 weekdays and 12 weekend days including both the starting Friday and the ending Wednesday.

40 days is equal to 5 weeks and 5 days.

The total time span from 2014-10-24 to 2014-12-03 is 960 hours.

This is equivalent to 57,600 minutes.

You can also convert 40 days to 3,456,000 seconds.

Today is 12/3/2014 and 10/24/2014 is exactly 40 days before today.

This does not include the end date, so it's accurate if you're measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an event that includes both the starting date and the ending date, then it would actually be 41 days.

If you're counting workdays or weekends, there are 28 weekdays and 12 weekend days.

If you include the end date of Dec 3, 2014 which is a Wednesday, then there would be 29 weekdays and 12 weekend days including both the starting Friday and the ending Wednesday.

Thanks.

Really gets right at the heart of the matter...

When NCESS said it will takes 6-8 weeks...they really meant business days only...

There are only 3,456,000 seconds since then yet some how I have managed to hit the F5 key twice that number.
You and me both buddy. And I really don't know why since I know full well that my results won't be available anywhere but in my email inbox first. I'm just as anxious as everybody else.

There are only 3,456,000 seconds since then yet some how I have managed to hit the F5 key twice that number.
You and me both buddy. And I really don't know why since I know full well that my results won't be available anywhere but in my email inbox first. I'm just as anxious as everybody else.
Glad it's not only me hitting the F5 key and getting even more nervous when the NCEES page takes a little while longer than usual to load.

Glad it's not only me hitting the F5 key and getting even more nervous when the NCEES page takes a little while longer than usual to load.
You're not. I'm going batshit crazy over here hitting the F5 key.

Since this is an engineering test, that number should be in scientific notation, which would be 3.456 x 10^6. That number of course feels like a lifetime. Then again, if you half the power, it is instead raised to to the THIRD power.

Half-Life 3 confirmed by NCEES.

I took the CBT FE exam earlier this year, got my results on the NCEES page within 48 hours. Clicked the chat and made the NCEES person promise the results were correct. I didn't receive an e-mail until almost a week later.

I took the CBT FE exam earlier this year, got my results on the NCEES page within 48 hours. Clicked the chat and made the NCEES person promise the results were correct. I didn't receive an e-mail until almost a week later.
Ha ha, this why I'm F5ing the crap out of NCEES!

So we able to call it for today? I was really feeling (i.e. HOPING) NCEES wouldn't take longer than last fall. Oh well. Here is too another day of lost productivity

Latest posts

Back