2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you just have a literal double post? Mafia thread wasn't enough exposure? Lol
I posted in the mafia thread first because I feel like that is my "friends" thread.lol  But then I was like... It's more on topic here.

#dontjudgeme

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, they assume that all elderly folks wake up at that time? Profiling!!! :p

Unfortunately I've been having the same problem with my family. I think the whole ordeal is stressing us out more than we realize.
Most of the stores here are doing it as the hour before their official opening time.  The local CoOp has made it the 1st hour of their new modified hours. And is the only store I've seen include disabled & immunocompromised folks in the early shop

Well were all going to be eating our dog and cats for them soon, might as well give them first shot at the TP!

Yes I am a dick, sorry, not sorry..... i said the same to my mom who is only 70 and feels like she needs this... not... 

Some might find this interesting and useful. To me, it sounds like there is some valid supplementation that can be done. I don't see it as hurting to try anyway. YMMV.

Noted article highlight:
" The most potent lectin against the SARS-CoV-induced cytopathicity is the mannose-specific plant lectin isolated from leek (APA) with an EC50 of 0.45 μg/ml and a selectivity index of >222. In addition, the N-acetyl glucosamine-specific lectins isolated from the stinging nettle (UDA) and from the tobacco plant (Nictaba) are also markedly active against the SARS-CoV with a selectivity index of >77 and >59,"

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354207002380

Well were all going to be eating our dog and cats for them soon, might as well give them first shot at the TP!

Yes I am a dick, sorry, not sorry..... i said the same to my mom who is only 70 and feels like she needs this... not... 
Damn, all we have are a couple guppies.  I knew we should have gotten a cat.

Well, my buddy who is a higher-up at a resort down at the beach said they're having a meeting about lay-offs today. To many cancellations for this time of the year. That hit quickly.

And of course my wife and I had an argument involving work from home expectations after I told her "no I'm working" when she asked for something. (My fault; I didn't answer with the appropriate tone.)
Hence why I'm still going to the office (I'm here right now).  Wife was expecting that, by working from home, I could work on screening in the deck and occasionally check emails or answer the phone.  Doesn't quite work like that.  She got miffed.

Day 4: Officially out of grocery store monopoly game pieces. Doggo going crazy, staying at my parents to help out. Think i might have to go "check on my place" later this weekend...

All of that falls under the category of dangerous bullshit. 
Thats fine you dont have to believe it, but I was told that by an actual state official.  So unless you have a better source than the interwebz or CNN you have no right to cast doubt on it.  Other than the fact than im just some poster on the other end of the internet.

Back