2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike “Chicken Little” DeWine, governor of Ohio and proven buffoon, has decided that as Ohio phases back into normalcy, church services will be phased in before barbers/salons. Please tell me how it is okay for people to pile into churches and sit in pews together but not have one person sitting in a chair getting a haircut.

Mike “Chicken Little” DeWine, governor of Ohio and proven buffoon, has decided that as Ohio phases back into normalcy, church services will be phased in before barbers/salons. Please tell me how it is okay for people to pile into churches and sit in pews together but not have one person sitting in a chair getting a haircut.
Using logic to try to figure out a decision made by a politician. That is not allowed

I tell you if you ever wanted to go see a doctor and not get treated like shit now is the time - its weird I think every Doc I have seen in the last 10 years has reached out like "so how is that random illness I treated you for 7 years ago doing?"  Need to come in for anything were open, lol - 

Our drs office and the prompt care places are still crazy busy.  The hospital however furloughed a bunch of drs and nurses.  Our neighbor is a surgeon at our local hospital and he has been furloughed since late march.  The ER just furloughed a bunch of nurses this past Friday.  Covid or covid like cases are transfered to larger city hospital before they even can enter the building.  We have the only maternity ward in the tri-county area, so they are being super vigilant to keep the little ones safe. 

I tell you if you ever wanted to go see a doctor and not get treated like shit now is the time - its weird I think every Doc I have seen in the last 10 years has reached out like "so how is that random illness I treated you for 7 years ago doing?"  Need to come in for anything were open, lol - 
I had a family member that was schedule to have a pacemaker put in late March. It got delayed because it was considered "elective." Only when heart rate was at 35 and taken to hospital in ambulance was it done. And done as outpatient in hospital 50 miles away because that is where surgeon was.

This whole pandemic has been a clusterfudge.

The hospital the wife works at just started elective surgeries today - she said over the past month she felt bad that she has been working and she has seen other RN's having to take tech jobs / custodial stuff / stocking /etc - to be able to get hours (but she was called off 2 days last week so things are even slowing in the ICU)

its hard to ramp up and down a hospital - now people are leery to go back and the places are empty - the regional hospitals are going to need more of a bailout than the airlines..

I have a cousin that is an oncology nurse. Her ward and the cardiac ward at the hospital were taking COVID patients due to volume. Her hospital is one of the two hardest hit counties in MD. Roughly half the cases are in the two counties that border DC. The westermost county in MD which is geographically and culturally about as close to Pittsburgh as it is DC or Baltimore has had 4 cases for over two weeks with no  change.

I just called it a work day. Tired of dealing with endless email strings related to invoicing and getting options terms approved. Been wearing my accountant hat for most of today. And approaching two months of work from home.

Yeah I am glad to not be anywhere near DC area up to the NE right now - 

I think at their fullest they overflowed into PACU - they had a real problem getting other nurses to get temp trained to run vents and whatever else is needed - so I think the hospital got a bunch of travelers on 6 week contracts to staff the ICU because apparently everyone always wants to come to Colorado (but not when everything closed lol) so when the other floors ran out of work the "managers" just told them to stay home - guess I cant blame them - but sucks all around..

Yeah if I had know I would be doing this through June likely I would have gotten a better home office set up..

Yeah if I had know I would be doing this through June likely I would have gotten a better home office set up..
My IT let people in my department bring monitors home. Trouble was had to bring docking station home to get to connect to laptop. Since I had to bring docking station, I brought keyboard and mouse home.  And docking station means spiderweb of cables.

Bought a cheap 32 inch TV ($ 100) from walmart for working from home, for electronic plan review an large spreadsheets.

Fortunately, my job switched remote access from a not user friendly system (citrix) 3 logins could not use multiple screens, to a simpler system. New system is basically like connecting to a wifi network.

Just got back from a long weekend in Penn. (wife has been there for about a month doing testing at some giant Walmart distribution center and is probably going to be there until the end of June) where they have a mandatory mask order when you're anyplace that's not your house. Was sitting around BS-ing with a bunch of the nurses/EMT's/NP's/etc. the last night and they all agreed that the whole mask thing is useless. The virus can get through a mask and at this point all your doing is creating an incubator on your face.

BTW, Bethlehem, PA was pretty neat. They've turned part of the old steel plant into a recreation area. Would have been nice to see some of it up close but most of it was shut down due to the current nonsense.

Back