2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
27-5e6f8c5d3bdf0__700.jpg

Ive been going out to get coffee in the mornings every day this week, it defin changes my brain to a normal work setting versus this prison on the planet BS I live in!

Ive been going out to get coffee in the mornings every day this week, it defin changes my brain to a normal work setting versus this prison on the planet BS I live in!
I had been making the caffeine run to mc donalds when the daycare was still open.  Sort of glad I stopped...two of the employees tested positive last week.  The closed as soon as they got contacted about the test results, sent all employees home for 2 week quarantine.  Hired sanitizer company to come in to douse the entire bldg and opened the following day with staff from their other stores an hr away.  

I think the capitalistic pigs at starbucks do a good job of being clean - Been going nearly every day so far, and I sleep with the devil contagion ;)

I went for about a 30 minute drive at the end of day earlier this week to try to restore normalcy to work routine. 

And the models say MD wont reach peak to end of May. But these were the same models that said 2 million people were gonna die.

Sweden had almost no lockdowns, kept schools open now say about 60 % of population there has been exposed and immune. Sweden tried to isolate nursing homes.

This model says MD has already Peaked:  https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/07/825479416/new-yorks-coronavirus-deaths-may-level-off-soon-when-might-your-state-s-peak#allstates  ?? But who really knows..

I think if I didn't see my dead ass tired wife at the end of the day and hear the stories from her I would think this is mostly BS, because you just dont really see it.

But I do think they cried wolf with the models ( as "experts" usually do) and now we have nearly 30 Million people out of work. Logically we should try and do something to get that corrected before it gets out of hand. 

There are now lots of ventilators but no one to really run them if there is a large second wave - no one likes to hear this but many people that go on these ventilators are not going to make it, currently the US is running around 66% fatality rate for those on vents, Doctors need to be honest with families about survival rates

I dont know anything about Sweden wonder if Sweden has the attitude that your healthy is your responsibility and deal with it?  Id be curious to know what went into that - Maybe they went with the chicken pox plan and give it toeveryone and get over it?  But they do have a failry small population.

They’re still talking about phasing people back to work in the office, but there are still a few of us reminding them that some of us have kids and schools aren’t opening. Latest is talk of coming back but keeping a liberal telework in place for those with kids and people who are high risk. 

yeah that is going to be a problem for lots of people once the larger business workforce decides to come back to the office -  (especially if there are no camps or camp grandma this summer)

My in laws normally keep my BIL's kid literally the entire summer (which we know they dont like doing for 2 months) be curious if that happens this year, but assuming the kids have been quarantined at home like the rest of them there probably isnt much risk.

I noticed on my bike ride yesterday that the urgent care place near our house as well as Kroger are now offering covid testing with no doctors note required - 

I'm assuming this is a good thing where people can get tested and auto isolate if positive and stay home for 2 weeks if they dont need to go to hospital 

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know, it just reminds me of the "nurses" who protested in Denver but the local news couldn't track any of them down for ID, Scrubs were not typical of the area,  and the general consensus is that they were fake - cause let me tell you if there is one thing I have learned about an ER / ICU / Nurse  walking out in traffic is not something they are going to go..  But the pictures looked nice... They ran out in the crosswalks when the lights turned red, a photo was taken, and they ran back to the sidewalk..

I just am sick of the manipulation of this -

Georgia is getting heckled in the news ( I have made fun of my home state as well), but they have access to some great healthcare systems -including Emory and Wellstar (far better than what I have in "progressive" Colorado) - I assume the Governors folks talked to the people who run the hospital networks and had a conversation that went something like, well we were one of last largely populated states to close, and our ICU's are about half full so I think if we do X, then this will happen and we can or cant cover it...

I think the same conversation occurred in Colorado ( Dem Gov) and pieces of state are opening - just a little slower, but its very similar rollout -

I found the post misogynist because it assumed a "lady" would be answering the phone  ;)

I think the same conversation occurred in Colorado ( Dem Gov) and pieces of state are opening - just a little slower, but its very similar rollout -
And if I'm not mistaken, CO is now part of the "western coalition" for reopening...which also includes WA, OR, CA, NV. All Dem states, of course. I wonder if ID got an invite.

Back