2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto on the food.  I've been trying to buy two weeks worth of food and then going from there, but it's hard with produce (I eat a lot of veggies and they go quickly).  Obviously more frozen veg are needed in my diet.
Frozen veggies when you get the mixed varieties did not favors to my grocery budget the end of March. I'm also a volume eater and my salads are in a 9c pyrex bowl... 

If/when boyfriend restarts the hydrophonics (again), we'll have a boatload of lettuce. he's got a timeline to clean it up tho since I need one of the shelves for my starter seeds.

I think I'm gonna skip the grocery store this weekend as a challenge to use some pantry things. like the lentils. i wish i had grabbed curry paste when I was out last weekend... 

How would this make you feel if you were working 14 hour days dealing with this horse shit virus and to read this from the CDC?  

Spoiler alert - If you (CDC, every hospital manager out there, etc) dont give a shit about them they are not really going to be breaking their backs to come back to work... At least I know several who are going to be like, yeah fever still high....

92617829_10220532934650840_4633315435075338240_n.jpg

That’s some serious BS right there. 

As a former firefighter, I really respect all of the first responders. I know the kind of crap they’re putting up with. 

If nothing else, in keeping with the wfh situation & limiting public excursions, I’m attempting to reduce their workload. 

Its a roller coaster for all of them, but there own management made a comment regarding two techs who tested positive" that "well, they could have gotten it anywhere." No Karen, they work 14 hour days at this shit-hole that is full of infected people..

We are also staying home more than a few weeks ago - I just want to punch people when I go out :D

Of course they’re in cahoots. The only thing anyone cares about in this f’ing country is making sure the stock market is happy so the obscenely wealthy stay that way. 🤬

I think masks and other gear are being hoarded because the CDC's modeler fucked up the first model predicting a million deaths and came up with this strategy to re use gear

well I was going to spend my lunch hour calling in some OSHA violations are the hospitals but apparently they and the CDC is in cahoots with this..

https://www.nationalnursesunited.org/press/nurses-reuse-decontamination-masks-endangers-health-care-workers?fbclid=IwAR2EH0o4QXPZA81SVzY9jYK3tjkAkgT2T5B0oimZt6X41xJarjsb2ZI3eLc
Disclaimer... I didn't read the article :)

But I don't think anyone (CDC, OSHA, nurses, hospital administration) wants to be reusing masks, but if there aren't enough, then I guess you're forced to choose between bad options. This whole situation sucks.

I bet if the hospitals stopped taking patients until they got what they needed someone would shit some up real quick...

Its not like you would be allowed to keep excavating a deep trench just because there wasn't any more trench boxes available, you would stop work.  OSHA should be about protecting the workers and not the patients.

& I do care about the 20+ years of foregone overpriced vacations that I have put in my 401K and I am not obscenely wealthy (not even poorly wealthy), I care more about my wife's health than I do money, but I value my wife's life more than I do anyone in her hospital bed.

I bet if the hospitals stopped taking patients until they got what they needed someone would shit some up real quick...

Its not like you would be allowed to keep excavating a deep trench just because there wasn't any more trench boxes available, you would stop work.  OSHA should be about protecting the workers and not the patients.

& I do care about the 20+ years of foregone overpriced vacations that I have put in my 401K and I am not obscenely wealthy (not even poorly wealthy), I care more about my wife's health than I do money, but I value my wife's life more than I do anyone in her hospital bed.
I should have said all anyone in office cares about...there are lots of good, decent people in this country. It just seems like very few of them are ever in charge of making decisions for the rest of us.

I am a little edgy, when the wife doesn't sleep for 24 hours for some reason that makes me not sleep for 24 hours :)  - 

I dont know how we can let 10's of millions go on unemployment (if not more) at some point that will generate its own set of health issues and deaths. Our Governor was on TV just saying he would keep stuff closed as long as he felt he needed to, I mean "come on man"  

I am hoping that maybe they (whoever the F that is) has some data to more accurately predict staffing of hospitals, beds, equipment needed, etc - I mean I heard there are only like 20 people on that Navy Ship that is in NY and 3 in  NO? (just what I heard on the local rock radio station).

Lots of my wifes work friends are the primary bread winner, and many would like to quit but they cant because there spouses are either slow on work or not working - its F'd up. 

I am hoping that maybe they (whoever the F that is) has some data to more accurately predict staffing of hospitals, beds, equipment needed, etc - I mean I heard there are only like 20 people on that Navy Ship that is in NY and 3 in  NO? (just what I heard on the local rock radio station).
The whole ship thing is jacked. They set up that giant convention center and had the ship brought in and then kept changing their minds about which one should be for regular sick people and which one should be for COVID-19 sick people. 

Back