2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been getting a buttload of emails here at work repeating the same stuff we've already been hearing 24/7 for the last week.  No word on teleworking yet.  I heard somebody say something about business as usual until someone in the building and then the Federal building shuts down.  I'm guessing it's only a matter of time that they officially declare that the sky is falling because they just had 4 cases confirmed in Greatef Cincy.

April 2020 pen & paper exams have been canceled. 

https://ncees.org/covid-19/

My company still hasn't issued a formal plan here. And we've got offices around the country.... Our internal page does get updated but in the comments section, someone from Communication just keeps replying "The Crisis team is coming up with a plan and will update shortly". But it's been 2 days of that. 

Our all hands meeting on Tuesday just got changed to a call-in meeting.  It was scheduled fairly last minute for an all hands meeting anyway, I think it was Tues. or Wed. when the original invite was sent out.  Makes me wonder if it is going to be our official work from home announcement.

We've been getting a buttload of emails here at work repeating the same stuff we've already been hearing 24/7 for the last week.  No word on teleworking yet.  I heard somebody say something about business as usual until someone in the building and then the Federal building shuts down.  I'm guessing it's only a matter of time that they officially declare that the sky is falling because they just had 4 cases confirmed in Greatef Cincy.
Generally speaking it seems like decisions are being made the very local level, like supervisor/branch chief, or building location. I got official guidance from today suggesting that those with certain conditions, or living with those with certain conditions should telework.

If you read the tea leaves, it feels like a major announcement at the S-1 level at many agencies, or from OPM maybe coming soon.

April 2020 pen & paper exams have been canceled. 

https://ncees.org/covid-19/

My company still hasn't issued a formal plan here. And we've got offices around the country.... Our internal page does get updated but in the comments section, someone from Communication just keeps replying "The Crisis team is coming up with a plan and will update shortly". But it's been 2 days of that. 
@Road Guy might be worth putting a banner up that April “paper and pencil” exams are cancelled.

That's....a lot of condoms 😄 
Well the toilet paper aisle was empty, so I reckon the guy went for what he considered the second most important item to stockpile.  I should have stuck around to see what else he threw in the cart.

If anyone needs TP and can’t find it I was at a camping / ranching / gun store and where they sell camping / even related ports potty’s they have some there that people seem to be overlooking - it’s $6/ roll but I think it was like 10K sheets...

1. All our offices just got sent to work from home until 06 APR 2020, then it will be re-evaluated. 
  2. Our open office sit where ever you want does not work the Pandemic age.  We were told to claim a spot and that it is now your spot.
  3. I have to layoff two long time employees, one of them I hired 15 years ago and another who was hired before me.  Since we can't travel, even to the our office, I have to conduct them via Microsoft TEAMS.
  4. My wife is pissed I will be at home for the next three weeks.

@ruggercsc that sucks about #3.

And I'm not too thrilled to be working from home while my boyfriend is too. We have a small house. But my company put the WFH decision on us.

I feel very fortunate I have older kids - had this happened when mine were in elementary school it would have been a royal pain. One of us would probably have to quit or take a leave of absence.

Hopefully families and neighbors can lean on each other for those of you all that now have to figure out how to manage your kids and work.

The funniest meme I've seen though this whole mess is, "Due to panic buying, Wal-Mart will be opening a 2nd register."

^- that will be the day!

These made me chuckle:
b5dac0d543863a32ac4ec7fc458ef225.jpg

cbd230af5388ceb16a9d1757766ef034.jpg

Back