2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@JayKay PE Does the new travel ban encompass your parents' travel dates?
I think we're at the point that I'm going to send my brother-in-law to the house to steal the car or something because my dad is like, "We're traveling April 20th, that's after the 30-day ban!" WHY IS HE DOING THESE THINGS.  NOBODY WANTS HIM TO GO.  MY MOM WHO IS TRAVELING WITH HIM NO LONGER WANTS TO GO.  THIS IS MADNESS.  WHY IS HIS DADNESS TAKING OVER HIS COMMON SENSE?

I don't get canceling the entire NBA season. I can see leaving the fans out. But the players don't exactly fall into the most at-risk category here.

Except they say one of the players tested positive.

FYI, my best guess is we in reality have more than 2 cases. They only recently (paper this morning) started expanding testing, I believe it's been fairly limited until now. That said, I think there's a certain amount of fearmongering going on here, and personally (as a young foolish healthy male) I wouldn't cancel my own travel plans.

If I had any vacation at all, I might take a trip. $250 round trip to Seattle? $400 to East coast? Whooo! 
COME TO SEATTLE! I HAVE WHISKEY

Family intervention time?
Nah, I called him and confirmed they weren't going.  Huuuuuge load off my back/I can breathe a lot more freely now.  But it was a very "dad" conversation:

"Please tell me you're not still going to Rome?"

"Why would I be going to Rome?"

"...does this mean you're not going to Rome?"

Ad nauseam until he finally said they're not going.

I guess since it was booked with points, which he really doesn't want refunded because he has so many that they actually expire each year, he's seeing if they can rebook six months or a year out without changing fees.  Dad hope springs eternal?

I guess since it was booked with points, which he really doesn't want refunded because he has so many that they actually expire each year, he's seeing if they can rebook six months or a year out without changing fees.  Dad hope springs eternal?

What?  Letting points expire is blasphemy!  He can spend those points on me if he really doesn't want them!

What?  Letting points expire is blasphemy!  He can spend those points on me if he really doesn't want them!
EXACTLY HIS THOUGHTS.  ...Which is why he bought three plane tickets for me to/from Indiana to/from NY for $3 for me.  Maybe I'll see if he can grab some other flights for me.

"Please tell me you're not still going to Rome?"

"Why would I be going to Rome?"
🙄 gimme a break, JKdad. 

COME TO SEATTLE! I HAVE WHISKEY
It has been a while since I've been back up to northleft town, but I just read THIS scathing criticism of "business as usual".
Give my portion of whiskey to Tom Hanks for now, he apparently needs it 😞.

Dang. School my husband teaches at is moving to distance learning. 
So the university I went to in FL has transitioned all of their classes to online for the rest of the semester.

Last edited by a moderator:
105fb696dc22c622d5d97890209d845c.jpg

Back