2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lg_60225.jpg

Lol- there were two of these guys and I just got the pic of one. But going through airport security in tyvek suits / gloves / make / face shields...

If I see them on the plane....

52377F9A-8EEE-4804-8B17-BED4E303495F.jpeg

I know right!

i actually saw them on our concourse but not my flight - thank yah Jesuz!

hope they don’t have to go to the bathroom!

Welp.  I think I am going to pass on Thanksgiving back to NY this year.  With the way Indiana numbers are trending, and Thanksgiving being a fairly large gathering, I just don't feel comfortable with that many people being present.  I'm instead going to drive down and see my aunt and uncle in AR.  Yes, not a great alternative for lower covid numbers, but my aunt has been working remotely for the past 7+ months and my uncle is a city employee who has been following their strict guidelines, so I feel like they won't have it/won't give it to me.  Their celebration was only going to be them and my aunt's mother, since their kids won't be traveling (one had a baby, one just bought a house, and the other is teaching at a university and can't travel due to their policy).

I will be traveling home in December, unless a state of emergency is enacted.  Christmas is more laid back with my family, not as big of a gathering, so I feel like I could see my grandparents in more of a controlled atmosphere of just me/them/my immediate family where I can maintain some space and remain fully masked since I won't be eating as much.  My dad understood...my mom was a little upset about me not coming, but I should be able to stretch that December vacation to almost 2 weeks if I don't come out for Thanksgiving.

For most of the Country its safter to go to Florida for Turkey right now - not safer for them though...

Back