NORTH CAROLINA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!@#$
I'm now getting the following error when searching at ncbels.org

A problem occurred accessing the database. Please try again.

Wild speculation to follow.
omg omg omg omgomg :sharkattack:
Today is Festivus, so it must be a Festivus Miracle!
Maybe I will go off strike at the bagel shop.

Today is my wedding anniversary. I still can't believe that I got married on Festivus. It makes it hard to have the airing of grievances though!

Does anyone who has passed it already know if that error message on ncbels happened in the past when they were posting results
I passed the April 2010 exam. If I remember correclty the site was down before the results were posted, but I don't remember what the error message said. I could be wrong though. It did take me a few days to return to earth after seeing my name pop up on the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone who has passed it already know if that error message on ncbels happened in the past when they were posting results
I passed the April 2010 exam. If I remember correclty the site was down before the results were posted, but I don't remember what the error message said. I could be wrong though it did take me a few days to return to earth after seeing my name pop up on the website.
oh. my.

Or not. License lookup is working again, but no new licensees have been added.
Yeah, I can confirm. I just saw the same thing. License number is still sitting at 037344.

On the bright side, I searched for my name first, so seeing that there WEREN'T new licenses after that was a relief.

Or not. License lookup is working again, but no new licensees have been added.
Yeah, I can confirm. I just saw the same thing. License number is still sitting at 037344.

On the bright side, I searched for my name first, so seeing that there WEREN'T new licenses after that was a relief.
Yep. I did the same thing. And nothing yet

When I try to log in to my NCEES account i get an error that says NCEES is making some tweaks to improve user experience cause by extreme server load.

I wonder if they took it down while they are loading our results?

When I try to log in to my NCEES account i get an error that says NCEES is making some tweaks to improve user experience cause by extreme server load.
I wonder if they took it down while they are loading our results?
North Carolina notification does not come from NCEES it will be reported on NCBELS

i concur. NCBELS license look up was down a minute ago, but its back up with no change. Still only 37344 licenses....

Time for a bit of wild speculation...it could be that NCBELS has gotten results but has not released them yet. Engineergirl had said that results would be available a few hours after receipt from NCEES, and now it appears that NCEES has confirmed that they have released results to some local state boards. The question is whether NC was one of those boards. I'd have to think that NC has gotten them.

So I think there's a chance we could still get results today, provided that it does only take a few hours from receipt of results from NCEES for NCBELS to publish results.

Time for a bit of wild speculation...it could be that NCBELS has gotten results but has not released them yet. Engineergirl had said that results would be available a few hours after receipt from NCEES, and now it appears that NCEES has confirmed that they have released results to some local state boards. The question is whether NC was one of those boards. I'd have to think that NC has gotten them.
So I think there's a chance we could still get results today, provided that it does only take a few hours from receipt of results from NCEES for NCBELS to publish results.
I don't think so, NCEES says PE results will be released next week, I don't expect to see them before then.

From NCEES.org

Update on October 2010 exam resultsDecember 23, 2010

NCEES has begun releasing the October 2010 exam results to state licensing boards. The surveying exam results were released December 16. The FE exam results were released December 22. PE exam results will be released the last week of December.

How and when examinees receive their results will vary by state. Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees.

To find out how you will receive your results, go to the exams page, select your state from the drop-down menu on the right, and look for the Results subhead.

Back