NORTH CAROLINA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe engineergirl works for the North Carolina board. That's probably how she "heard".
I think the My NCEES login is a game changer for how we are notified on exam results. I think it'll be nearly simultaneous for all participating states.

Texas has posted this:

When NCEES has them ready, examinees will receive pass/fail results as well asdiagnostic reports, if applicable, from NCEES. Texas will post the numeric

scores for individuals to check on our website at the same time (or as soon as

we can get them in the system).
So we will get pass/fail from NCEES, and the grade from Texas.
You would think that but it wasn't so in the spring, the results even those notified via email and My NCEES all went out at different times there was no moment when 10 states got their results.

I believe engineergirl works for the North Carolina board. That's probably how she "heard".
I think the My NCEES login is a game changer for how we are notified on exam results. I think it'll be nearly simultaneous for all participating states.

Texas has posted this:

When NCEES has them ready, examinees will receive pass/fail results as well asdiagnostic reports, if applicable, from NCEES. Texas will post the numeric

scores for individuals to check on our website at the same time (or as soon as

we can get them in the system).
So we will get pass/fail from NCEES, and the grade from Texas.
NCEES will not post scores for NC

Tuesday or Wednesday this week is what i am hearingfor the PE

I will let you know more for sure when the download comes in
So what does this mean exactly? Is that when NCEES will be notifying state boards or do the state boards already have the results? When can we expect emails to go out? I live in MI so I got my FE results a full week and a half before North Carolina's this spring. Does NC do something with the results that make it take a week and a half longer (it looks like you post them to a website)? So if you're saying Tues or Weds does that mean the states that allow NCEES to directly notify candidates should know the results on Tues or Weds?

NCEES sends the board a email they boards your scores are in. then the boards go to NCEES site and downloads them.

this is the first time NC is doing this so it will be different then in the past.

Looks like the board gave comity to a few folks, we're now up to 37344 people.

NCEES sends the board a email they boards your scores are in. then the boards go to NCEES site and downloads them.

this is the first time NC is doing this so it will be different then in the past.

So what does this mean exactly? Is that when NCEES will be notifying state boards or do the state boards already have the results? When can we expect emails to go out? I live in MI so I got my FE results a full week and a half before North Carolina's this spring. Does NC do something with the results that make it take a week and a half longer (it looks like you post them to a website)? So if you're saying Tues or Weds does that mean the states that allow NCEES to directly notify candidates should know the results on Tues or Weds?

So in a state such as Michigan, in which the notification comes directly from NCEES, I would assume that the State board is notified simultaneously with the email being sent to the test taker. If my assumption is correct, then based on the information you posted earlier in this thread, state boards should be notified Tues or Weds and in direct notification states such as Michigan candidates should also expect to hear results Tues or Weds.

Good luck to everyonethat is still waiting. I was in your shoes six months ago. It is an agonizing wait, but the feeling is that much better when you pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

What's the latest word? Hear anything else you care to share? I also just check out the NC board website and it looks like you guys have a cut off for the spring exam registration of Jan 2nd or something like that. I would guess that mean we have to hear back before the new year.

Last edited by a moderator:

What's the latest word? Hear anything else you care to share? I also just check out the NC board website and it looks like you guys have a cut off for the spring exam registration of Jan 2nd or something like that. I would guess that mean we have to hear back before the new year.
You definitely will. Its always been before Christmas from what I've seen over the years.

Ohio has an extended deadline of January 11th to register if you took the October test and failed. I'm guessing other states will do something similar.

My boss was in a meeting with someone from the board today, he said it wouldn't be until next week and that the results would be sent separately instead of some sort of mass email.

My boss was in a meeting with someone from the board today, he said it wouldn't be until next week and that the results would be sent separately instead of some sort of mass email.
Results would be sent separately to whom? From NCEES to the board in individual emails per examinee?

Results would be sent separately to whom? From NCEES to the board in individual emails per examinee?

He lead me to beleive they would be sent individually, he said some may receive it before others, didn't specify how. he did say they all should be in by next week. Please don't take this as set in stone, its just the information that was given to me.

He lead me to beleive they would be sent individually, he said some may receive it before others, didn't specify how. he did say they all should be in by next week. Please don't take this as set in stone, its just the information that was given to me.
That sounds concrete to me! :multiplespotting:

I'm pretty sure the Jan 2nd deadline does not apply to people that have to re-take the test.
Agree. They will probably give us extra time to register for Spring if we do not pass (hopefully this is not the case).
They do. I took the PE in the Spring and when I registered for the Fall's exam all I had to do was send a request to the Board. After that everything is done on-line at NCEES.

- NCSU

SapperPE said:
Looks like there is 37,318 current PEs in the state of NC. I just keep checking NCBELS for 37,319... when it posts i guess i should know pass or fail. The wait is killing me!
And if the results come today, as enginerrgril has stated... it would be the fastest results ever (according to the spreadsheet that someone has on this site)
This is faulty logic. Commity licenses are approved all the time, increasing that number by one or two each time.

A better indicator is to check when the number jumps up by about 100

An even better indicator is actually recieving your results.
I've been looking at the 37,319 for the past 3 weeks and it hasnt been there. I think you are wrong.

Looks like the board gave comity to a few folks, we're now up to 37344 people.

I find this exchange kinda funny.

:D

Back