NORTH CAROLINA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like there is 37,318 current PEs in the state of NC. I just keep checking NCBELS for 37,319... when it posts i guess i should know pass or fail. The wait is killing me!

And if the results come today, as enginerrgril has stated... it would be the fastest results ever (according to the spreadsheet that someone has on this site)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there is 37,318 current PEs in the state of NC. I just keep checking NCBELS for 37,319... when it posts i guess i should know pass or fail. The wait is killing me!
And if the results come today, as enginerrgril has stated... it would be the fastest results ever (according to the spreadsheet that someone has on this site)

I don't think anything is coming in today, we'll be lucky if we even get them before Christmass.

SapperPE said:
This is faulty logic. Commity licenses are approved all the time, increasing that number by one or two each time.

A better indicator is to check when the number jumps up by about 100

An even better indicator is actually recieving your results.
I've been looking at the 37,319 for the past 3 weeks and it hasnt been there. I think you are wrong.

Not claiming to be a genius, just telling you what i have seen. Commity PEs are not approved day to day, theres a little more to it than that.

Not claiming to be a genius, just telling you what i have seen. Commity PEs are not approved day to day, theres a little more to it than that.
depends on the state. In IL you can see the numbers vary from day to day...I've seen it. It depends how often the state employee updates the database.

In Georgia, I watched the number of approved PE's climb from 19,220 the Monday after the exam to currently 19,319. It jumped 2-3 licensed engineers per day at times, and remained constant on other days. A few days, that number shrank. Maybe each state is different...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think LKN PE has the right logic. I have been checking for several weeks as well. 37319 is currently the number to check.

A few weeks ago the number jumped by 27 and if you look at all of the licenses from that jump, they are for firms out of state. Therefore, they are most likely commity updates.

If it updates by 20-30 again, you can just check to see where the firms are licensed for the new members.

The moment it jumps by 100-200, it will most likely be the PE results for examinees in NC. Then just search for your name and see if it is there.

It isn't rocket science, and we don't have to be jackasses and call eachother out on stuff. We are all hoping for the same thing here.

nothing on PE yet but i am hearing maybe by Friday i will keep you up to date

[SIZE=12pt]How long does it take the board to put the results on the website after receiving the results from NCEES?[/SIZE]

the same day with in hours.

nothing yet sorry i will keep you updated

[SIZE=12pt]Is it that fast now because of the new process (registering with NCEES, etc.) For the April 16th, 2010 exam results, you mentioned that if results come in Friday morning, board will go true them Friday, Monday and post the results Tuesday.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Also, for the April 16th,2010 exam, results in Louisiana were released in 46 days via e-mail, in North Carolina in 59 days via website. Assuming both states released the results within few hours of receiving them from NCEES, why is there almost 2 weeks difference? Doesn’t NCEES release them all at the same time?[/SIZE]
no there are different people in charge of different states. each person at the ncees has like 7 states

Thought I would just say good morning here to continue the agony for some of you....lol

I'm not sure WHY for some reason the torture seems more fun this year than past years?

^^^ lol....I failed the test 3 times before I finally passed it on the forth. I know better than MOST this agony.

I feel like the seniors in the movie "dazed and confused"

Tuesday or Wednesday this week is what i am hearing

for the PE

I will let you know more for sure when the download comes in

Tuesday or Wednesday this week is what i am hearingfor the PE

I will let you know more for sure when the download comes in
So what does this mean exactly? Is that when NCEES will be notifying state boards or do the state boards already have the results? When can we expect emails to go out? I live in MI so I got my FE results a full week and a half before North Carolina's this spring. Does NC do something with the results that make it take a week and a half longer (it looks like you post them to a website)? So if you're saying Tues or Weds does that mean the states that allow NCEES to directly notify candidates should know the results on Tues or Weds?

I believe engineergirl works for the North Carolina board. That's probably how she "heard".

I think the My NCEES login is a game changer for how we are notified on exam results. I think it'll be nearly simultaneous for all participating states.

Texas has posted this:

When NCEES has them ready, examinees will receive pass/fail results as well asdiagnostic reports, if applicable, from NCEES. Texas will post the numeric

scores for individuals to check on our website at the same time (or as soon as

we can get them in the system).
So we will get pass/fail from NCEES, and the grade from Texas.

Back