March 2019 Test Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no this does not help me with my anxiety..... :(
I'm sorry. Should have waited a couple of hours before posting this. My bad, lol.

Lol dang... Well I was thinking more in terms of Seismic I guess.

For survey, 2 of the categories have a 35% weight, so i guess it would make sense to fail if you got deficient in one of those 2 categories.

gl this time
Thank you. Funnily enough, my Def was in the 20% category (Preparation of Reports and Maps. But I see what you mean. We can safely conclude, no def is a requirement to pass. 

I'm sorry. Should have waited a couple of hours before posting this. My bad, lol.

Thank you. Funnily enough, my Def was in the 20% category (Preparation of Reports and Maps. But I see what you mean. We can safely conclude, no def is a requirement to pass. 

From what I can tell no Def is allowed for a pass..
I don't think so. It clearly says "the candidate would have passed the exam, even though they were still “Deficient” in Area V."
https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/diagnostic_reports.pdf

Failed seismic (2 pro, 2 marginal, 2 def)

Passed survey (thank god).

Onto studying for seismic again.  I really felt good about seismic and not good about survey (doesn't that just drive you nuts?), but I do feel good about only having to study for seismic now and no more shared topic studying.

Failed seismic (2 pro, 2 marginal, 2 def)

Passed survey (thank god).

Onto studying for seismic again.  I really felt good about seismic and not good about survey (doesn't that just drive you nuts?), but I do feel good about only having to study for seismic now and no more shared topic studying.
Sorry you failed seismic but congrats on survey! Can't even imagine studying for both at the same time.

I failed seismic on my first try in February but just passed survey. How did you study and how are you going to re-study for seismic again?

Sorry you failed seismic but congrats on survey! Can't even imagine studying for both at the same time.

I failed seismic on my first try in February but just passed survey. How did you study and how are you going to re-study for seismic again?
Thanks.  I had a tremendously busy quarter and only studied about 3 weeks for survey and 4 weeks for Seismic.

I took Civil PE Surveying Review course and EET for seismic.  

I loved the format and interface of CPE Surveying review but NOT the course material.  The webinars were a little elementary, could have been done more concisely to save time.  I didn't even finish the horizontal/vertical curves course, but I do a LOT of CAD and am good at geometry so most stuff was pretty remedial.

I LOVED the material from EET and I thought the manual was great, but I hated that Adobe connect interface.  Really clunky and not user friendly.  My main problem was I just didn't start studying seismic material early enough.  I have 3 little kids and I was traveling a LOT for work (3-4 days every other week) and only started studying 1 month in advance of the exam.  I put in about 40 hours of studying across that time, mostly watching the videos.  I didn't do any of the practice exams, just watched the videos and did the workshops and practice problems.  My downfall was not practicing enough, the exam questions were very similar to the exam.

I did think EET was lacking some of the code-related questions about post-earthquake inspections and special inspection sections.

That said, I feel relieved to only have to study one topic now.  I feel very confident in EET materials and I'll be ready for re-test in July.

Thanks.  I had a tremendously busy quarter and only studied about 3 weeks for survey and 4 weeks for Seismic.

I took Civil PE Surveying Review course and EET for seismic.  

I loved the format and interface of CPE Surveying review but NOT the course material.  The webinars were a little elementary, could have been done more concisely to save time.  I didn't even finish the horizontal/vertical curves course, but I do a LOT of CAD and am good at geometry so most stuff was pretty remedial.

I LOVED the material from EET and I thought the manual was great, but I hated that Adobe connect interface.  Really clunky and not user friendly.  My main problem was I just didn't start studying seismic material early enough.  I have 3 little kids and I was traveling a LOT for work (3-4 days every other week) and only started studying 1 month in advance of the exam.  I put in about 40 hours of studying across that time, mostly watching the videos.  I didn't do any of the practice exams, just watched the videos and did the workshops and practice problems.  My downfall was not practicing enough, the exam questions were very similar to the exam.

I did think EET was lacking some of the code-related questions about post-earthquake inspections and special inspection sections.

That said, I feel relieved to only have to study one topic now.  I feel very confident in EET materials and I'll be ready for re-test in July.
I also used CPESR for survey. Glad it worked out for you!

And now I am studying with EET for seismic. I hope to finish their videos in time and have time to solve lots of practice problems (which I didn't do with Hiner course). I also have a toddler and pregnant with another so I hear ya 😅

For anyone interested, I used EET for both and was happy with them. I did put in a good amount of time to study and practice which I think is very important. Since the test, unfortunately, is not only about knowledge but also about speed.

For anyone interested, I used EET for both and was happy with them. I did put in a good amount of time to study and practice which I think is very important. Since the test, unfortunately, is not only about knowledge but also about speed.
Too early to start wondering when we'll show up on DCA...? 

Passed both. Thankfully on First attempt. Used EET for seismic and Reza for surveying. No review class. Self study with workbooks. 

For anyone taking/retaking these, my advice would be focusing on attempting to make 45 questions correct in 2:15 hrs. The rest you can just guess. Remember, you need only 35-40 to pass. Do several round to identify the questions that "WORTH" trying. 

For surveying, try to prepare/answer THEORY questions. I found at least 15 questions were theory question which you can answer each in 15-30 seconds if you know the material. So, don't ignore those portion when preparing for the exam. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious. I cannot find the thread that shows what to expect after the completion of 8 hours and both CA exams. 

How long do i wait to receive congratulation email?

How long do i wait to receive my license number?

How long do i wait to receive my certificate?

Please let me know. Thanks everyone ;D 

I found out I passed seismic (last of my 3 exams) on 3/18/19. Also submitted Notice of Successful Examination to the board on 3/18/19. But I'm still not posted on DCA. Anyone in the same boat? Anyone pass their last exam on 3/18/19 and posted on DCA?

Just curious. I cannot find the thread that shows what to expect after the completion of 8 hours and both CA exams. 

How long do i wait to receive congratulation email?

How long do i wait to receive my license number?

How long do i wait to receive my certificate?

Please let me know. Thanks everyone ;D 
Just received this from the Board:

"Licensure is ran every 2 weeks the next time licensure will be ran is April 26th and your license should reflect our website on April 27th here is the link to verify. 

https://search.dca.ca.gov/"

nice.

wondering why @jgiang didnt see theirs in 2 weeks.
The Notice of Successful Examination Form is not required, so I wonder if that actually delayed the process by submitting it.. Just spitballing, but I would definitely contact the specific Board evaluator to get some clarification. 

The Notice of Successful Examination Form is not required, so I wonder if that actually delayed the process by submitting it.. Just spitballing, but I would definitely contact the specific Board evaluator to get some clarification. 
I emailed and left a voice message yesterday but have yet to hear anything back. I thought this was normal until I read that people who passed their last exam like myself were posted on 3/29.  I wonder what's going on

Back