Expected Results: June 2nd

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same! I think the difficulty was reasonable, I just managed my time poorly.  I was also weak in water resources so those questions definitely got me.
Me, too!  I am environmental consultant and mostly do air work.  I have very very little professional water experience!

So I pulled out my letter from 1993 when I passed the EIT. The letter was dated July 6 and we took the test in April. Look at the vast improvement that technology has given us in reading black pencil dots over the past 25 years !!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Dear pending PEs, a question: how can an engineer also start working for him/herself on the side? I assume we need insurance, but then what? Where to look for customers that need something designed and stamped, etc? Thanks..

Dear pending PEs, a question: how can an engineer also start working for him/herself on the side? I assume we need insurance, but then what? Where to look for customers that need something designed and stamped, etc? Thanks..
http://engineerboards.com/index.php?/topic/28403-breath-civil-depth-water-resourcesenv/&do=findComment&comment=7424293

1) When exactly do we have the results?  June.

2) Where can I sell my books?!  Black market or Indonesia. 

3) How can an engineer also start working for him/herself on the side? Craigslist.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to check your company's policy on moonlighting too. 
Good point, didn't think about that. Although I think many people nowadays have multiple jobs, as far as there is no conflict of interest etc. But better to check of course. Thanks. 

Good point, didn't think about that. Although I think many people nowadays have multiple jobs, as far as there is no conflict of interest etc. But better to check of course. Thanks. 
From an ethical standpoint, full disclosure with your present employer is generally the best practice.

I work full time for a controls manufacturing company but I also do consulting eng. on the side (in addition to running a computer business too). I disclosed this information to my manager as soon as I started with the company. :thumbs:

It has come to the point for me that I am trying to determine which is more efficient: Refreshing my email or refreshing my NCEES page over and over again.

So far here are my thoughts: Refreshing my email will allow me to get other necessary information aside from the test, but refreshing the NCEES page might get me the results a few seconds or minutes faster. Thoughts?

Protip: Press F5 for optimum page refreshing speed.

It has come to the point for me that I am trying to determine which is more efficient: Refreshing my email or refreshing my NCEES page over and over again.

So far here are my thoughts: Refreshing my email will allow me to get other necessary information aside from the test, but refreshing the NCEES page might get me the results a few seconds or minutes faster. Thoughts?

I side with the latter

According to previous exam releases, I'm thinking best case scenario this Friday, possibly next week to release results to state boards. 

I'm pretty sure the NCEES results release email doesn't usually come out right as the results are posted. I think it's anywhere from a half hour to a day later typically. 

I'm pretty sure the NCEES results release email doesn't usually come out right as the results are posted. I think it's anywhere from a half hour to a day later typically. 
And now I'm going to be jumping on the refresh train.  I had been just keeping an eye on email.

It's getting harder and harder to focus on work as the result release comes closer.  Aaaack.

Back