Expected Results: June 2nd

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've checked once since the test. There's no sense in checking until multiple threads appear in this forum from multiple different states saying results have been released. The worst (or best?) is when you check your email by chance, and it's there. That hasn't happened with me for the PE exam, but it has for the CA state specific exams.

I enjoy so much all the trolling that goes on here, and especially the poor soul that replies asking if there is any particular reason for the expactation for results today. Ive failed this exam too many times and im immune.... 

I've checked once since the test. There's no sense in checking until multiple threads appear in this forum from multiple different states saying results have been released. The worst (or best?) is when you check your email by chance, and it's there. That hasn't happened with me for the PE exam, but it has for the CA state specific exams.
Leggo,

How and where do you check the results of the CA specific exams? Not that I will check it multiple times a day, just asking for others..

How and where do you check the results of the CA specific exams? Not that I will check it multiple times a day, just asking for others..
In the past (I don't know why they would have changed it) it's a two-step (or rather, two email) process. The first email that will arrive will have a password in it. Then, any time thereafter (I've gotten the second email an hour or two afterwards, but I think I was pretty lucky to get it so soon), the BPELSG will send a separate email with a password-protected pdf that contains your results. I think some people have had to wait overnight to get their second emails... And not everyone gets the emails the same day (though I think it usually happens for everyone within two days of the first people receiving them).

Getting the first email with the password makes the wait to get the second email so much worse! You thought NCEES was bad... Haha!

Anyway, since they decoupled the PE exam from the seismic and surveying exams, I'm not sure when the seismic and surveying results would get released. In the past, it was the day of or a day or so after CA released the PE exam results. I'll be interested to see when they release them this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past (I don't know why they would have changed it) it's a two-step (or rather, two email) process. The first email that will arrive will have a password in it. Then, any time thereafter (I've gotten the second email an hour or two afterwards, but I think I was pretty lucky to get it so soon), the BPELSG will send a separate email with a password-protected pdf that contains your results. I think some people have had to wait overnight to get their second emails... And not everyone gets the emails the same day (though I think it usually happens for everyone within two days of the first people receiving them).

Getting the first email with the password makes the wait to get the second email so much worse! You thought NCEES was bad... Haha!

Anyway, since they decoupled the PE exam from the seismic and surveying exams, I'm not sure when the seismic and surveying results would get released. In the past, it was the day of or a day or so after CA released the PE exam results. I'll be interested to see when they release them this time.
oh, Okay. I thought for a while that we can check the status on website. In the meantime, do they update the licensee lookup database quick?

I know the fingerprints, Take Home Exam, NCEES PE exam and California Surveying and California Seismic all need to happen before the names are listed in the database, so I don't know if they have all of them ready except the exam results...

oh, Okay. I thought for a while that we can check the status on website. In the meantime, do they update the licensee lookup database quick?

I know the fingerprints, Take Home Exam, NCEES PE exam and California Surveying and California Seismic all need to happen before the names are listed in the database, so I don't know if they have all of them ready except the exam results...
I believe the CA BPELSG used to update the licensee lookup soon after the results are released. I think that may change now because of the decoupling of the exam, at least for CA engineers (those not applying by comity, like I believe you are). But really, since this is the first test administration with these changes, I am not sure how it will all play out. @CAPLS may have more to add.

I GOT THE NOTIFICATION IN MY EMAIL AND I PASSED!

:party-smiley-048: :bananalama: :party-smiley-048: :bananalama: :party-smiley-048: :bananalama: :party-smiley-048: :bananalama:

May 25/26 based on April 2016 as well as April 2015. Some states obviously a few days later, but first few should be by the 26th.

Me too!  It's been fun checking this board and seeing everyone else stress out with me.  Hello fellow enviro from TX, what did you think of the exam?  I'm thinking I failed...but it would be have confirmation of that!
Sorry, I just saw this - hi!  I took the exam in LA b/c that's where I am registered as an EIT, but we moved to TX in Dec. of last year. I think I failed because of how many problems I didn't finish (poor time mgmt. in morning session), but I thought overall the exam difficulty was reasonable. What did you think?

Sorry, I just saw this - hi!  I took the exam in LA b/c that's where I am registered as an EIT, but we moved to TX in Dec. of last year. I think I failed because of how many problems I didn't finish (poor time mgmt. in morning session), but I thought overall the exam difficulty was reasonable. What did you think?
Same! I think the difficulty was reasonable, I just managed my time poorly.  I was also weak in water resources so those questions definitely got me.

Back