Expected Results: June 2nd

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try searching. I think it came up in some thread before
Looking in past threads I believe its around 70.  I see failing scores up to high 60s but since NCEES doesn't disclose diagnostics to passing candidates, I guess it's safe to assume low 70s would be the cutoff.

Looking in past threads I believe its around 70.  I see failing scores up to high 60s but since NCEES doesn't disclose diagnostics to passing candidates, I guess it's safe to assume low 70s would be the cutoff.
I'm fairly certain that few failing scores have been at or above 56/80. The typical high end is 53-54, IMO

I certainly hope that is not the WRE exam...
I looked through the last few sessions forums. I believe Civil: Transport had the higher cut scores. Supposedly a 60/80 failed last time, but that seemed dubious. I believe the session before that was also 57+. In April 2016 the Civil: Geotech was at least at least a 57. But I don't recall seeing a report of a WRE fail above 55 for as long as I've been reading these boards.

Keep in mind that a previous years' cut scores aren't indicative of this year's cut scores. It will vary from session-to-session and discipline-to-discipline. The important thing is to study hard enough so that the variance in the cut score of a few points doesn't matter. 

And then the idea of having to crack open the books again..and wait to take it again until October and then wait for results again until mid December... EKH there goes 2017

And then the idea of having to crack open the books again..and wait to take it again until October and then wait for results again until mid December... EKH there goes 2017
Or even worse. Imagine if you took a test that's only offered once a year.

Yes.  This is def. a new form of torture.  For me, anyway.

Back