Working out to lose weight

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy system?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is it too late to get in on this one? This is a great thread! I've been working on the road a lot lately and haven't been able to get into a good diet and exercise routine. Lots of fast food in the car.
I'm 5'11", and up to 195 lbs. I'd like to get down to at least 175, which is what I weighed for years before recently.

Vices: Beer, too much fried greasy stuff, Mexican food (the beans and corn and hot peppers upset my digestion)

Goals: Get to second base with the girl in marketing...OK seriously, I don't have a good schedule for a gym right now, but I want to try some of the new treatments they have on the market. I thought Alli looked promising, but this review has me concerned. Review I’ll probably try it anyway as it’s a good way to make sure I don’t eat much fat for fear of the side effects if I do. Also, thislooked like another good product. It’s all natural, plus I’d love to get some of that impacted gunk out of my gut, and maybe post some pics to their website.

So, how do I get signed up for this?

DV VT - add the Fudgeman to the list. Fugey - I would be careful with those products... sounds like another potential "holy CRAP" Fudgey story.

This weekend is Thanksgiving with the in laws. Thank goodness the mother-in-law is a horrible cook.

I walk 4 miles four days a week, but admittedly do little the other 3 days. Thanks for the reminder to pick it up.

If you haven't been to a Dr. in a long time - setup that appt. I am going to try to get in to do some baseline blood work on my cholesterol and as we go along, I want to see if it get's "acceptable"... otherwise it's the chol lowering drugs for me.
I second this recommendation. I recently had bloodwork done that came back indicating I was mildly hypothyroid, which can cause weight gain. Since it takes awhile for the medication to kick in, I'm hoping it will be a little easier to lose weight than it did when I tried 9 months ago.

I'm 5'9", 168 as of the visit to the doc this morning. I weigh more than I look like I do, lean muscle being denser than fat and stuff. I love when the nurse tells me my BMI is borderline overweight.
Two months ago, before getting sick I was 5'9" and 253 lbs. :D you're preaching at the choir. LOL

at a former job, I got a letter from the insurance and CC'd the HR dept. saying that at my height, I was obese for being 230 lbs. and that I should go on a caloricly restrictive diet. I got the letter 2 weeks before one of my competitions, so it spurred me to go out on the back patio and have my wife snap a few photos, I printed them and mailed them back to the insurance company. I never got a response. I'm sure they thougth "What a narcissistic *******". They were probably right in that thought. LOL.

I'll find the pics and post.

DVpit44.jpg

DV/VT - When we start, do you want to begin a new thread?
I think VT and I can divide the contestants on Monday morning and get started.

Don't see VT or DV.
Sorry, had a big bid opening on Friday, and Thurs and Fri. were crazy for me.
I say we start Monday and will start a new thread. AWESOME spreadsheet BTW, THANKS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back