What did you score on the EIT?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never denied it. I was still living at home at the time I took it (fresh outta college), and wasn't in grad school yet. I had all the time in the world to study.

I had to be the youngest guy in the exam room for the PE. (I'm 26) Took it as soon as I became eligible. I barely had the required 3 years + a Masters degree when I applied to the state.

A lot of the Envl exam was quite similar to stuff I had in grad school, which I finished last spring. I wanted to take it as soon as possible while the stuff was at least semi-fresh in my mind.

I heard that if you score high on the eit you sometimes get asked by NCEES to help out on future test questions. Did they ever ask you? There was a guy I worked with who made a 88 or something and he went up to Clemson for a weekend when they changed the format of the EIT (So you could take the discipline specific afternoon) and they basically just took the test all weekend..

I took it my last semester of college, and was just glad I passed, it seemed to be helpful while interviewing to go ahead and have it under your belt.

We have some guys who have been out of school almost 3 years who have never taken it, I dont know why you would want to allow yourself more time to forget exciting things such as Dynamics and Circuit Analysis, but to each his own I guess..

I heard that if you score high on the eit you sometimes get asked by NCEES to help out on future test questions. Did they ever ask you? There was a guy I worked with who made a 88 or something and he went up to Clemson for a weekend when they changed the format of the EIT
I was never asked to do anything by NCEES. Aren't you in the south to start with? It might have been easier/cheaper to send your guy up then to fly me down from NY at the time. That or I didn't do well enough to be in that league.

I'd be curious to see how the whole process works if I was ever asked.

true (about the location)

I only wished he could have brought some of those sample tests he did home with him, but they kept them under lock and key..

I made a 73. I suggest to all students to take it while in school even if you don't think you need to take it. It was much easier, and I didn't feel bad about it after the test. I was tired and my brain hurt, but I didn't feel like I did after the PE.

I'd be curious to see how the whole process works if I was ever asked.

I have a friend who has been a few times. He says it's a lot of fun seeing how much goes into the process. He doesn't go into a lot of detail but he said that after having a better understanding of the process, he wonders why it doesn't take longer to get the scores.

He is a PE, but he said they do look for some EIT people that aren't PEs yet to help out on the FE exam. I don't know how they go about finding them. Here's a link to their page on how to volunteer.

NCEES Volunteer

I made a 73. I suggest to all students to take it while in school even if you don't think you need to take it. It was much easier, and I didn't feel bad about it after the test. I was tired and my brain hurt, but I didn't feel like I did after the PE.
The EIT was much worse in my opinion. I took it one year out of college.

I never saw dynamics, solid mech, economics. And I sucked at elec systems and statics even though I had them in school. I hated having to teach myself so much stuff out of my field, because 1 - I'd never use it, and 2 - it's not as intuitive as my field of choice (hence why I chose it).

The PE, as dreadful as it all was, was nowhere near as bad, in my humble opinion.

I took it in April 1995, the Spring of my Senior year. Studied 20 minutes for it, and got a 76.

Of course, I hear the format has changed, and it was probably much easier back then.

And yes, I did receive an invitation from NCEES, asking if I would be interested in taking it again as part of some overall evaluation. I had no desire to do so whatsoever.

I have no idea! :dunno:

Do they even give the scores? I took it 9 years ago while still in school and cannot even remember.

Ed

I scored a 76 on the October 2001 exam. I was absolutely drained after that exam. I thought the PE was much easier. Damn, it feels good to have those in the past!

I scored 84, but when i started the studies, i got only 50% correct in my first mock test. Took some time to get into the groove, and then nailed it. I was better prepared for P&P but got less than FE. So, it depends on what questions you get in the exams.

Back