GA PE - did not pass exam but license issued

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DjSyNN

Reaction score
About a year ago I sat for the PE for the first time and got the result that I didn't pass. Fast forward to now, and I get an email saying I need to renew my license. I go on the SoS website and see that my EIT was superceded and I have a PE license. I called SoS office and they put in a ticket to see what is going on. I know that GA gives you 5 points for being a veteran, but is that not communicated with NCEES? I didn't look into how it was scored either I just assumed I didn't pass, got to try again. Has anybody else had this happen to them?

About a year ago I sat for the PE for the first time and got the result that I didn't pass. Fast forward to now, and I get an email saying I need to renew my license. I go on the SoS website and see that my EIT was superceded and I have a PE license. I called SoS office and they put in a ticket to see what is going on. I know that GA gives you 5 points for being a veteran, but is that not communicated with NCEES? I didn't look into how it was scored either I just assumed I didn't pass, got to try again. Has anybody else had this happen to them?
Did you ever get this straighten out?

So GA switched over to computer based test and they cannot add veteran preference point to that score supposedly. Confusion was caused because had VP points been added, I would have passed. In the end they revoked license and I need to take test again.

So GA switched over to computer based test and they cannot add veteran preference point to that score supposedly. Confusion was caused because had VP points been added, I would have passed. In the end they revoked license and I need to take test again.
Good for you for being honest! Best of luck on your next attempt and thank you for your service!

Back