What did you score on the EIT?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what i got , all i know is that i was one 23% of the re-takers to pass. I love you testmasters!@!!!!!

Oct 2002

General part in afternoon

Didn't want to take it then (final semester of college, planning to leave the state after graduation and didn't want to deal with retaking in a different state) but it was required for graduation.

I probably could have done better had I studied ... or realized most the metalurgy answers were in the book.

Seems like I got a 74.

Took it in April of 2002 in Clemson. My cousin's wedding was that night, and it was open bar. The entire day is kinda blurry.

Oddly enough, taking the test and living in the same place where NCEES is located does not get you your scores any faster.

I got an 89 on the FE (General) last April, and an 85 on the PE (EE Power) last October. I did it the hard way, too, and waited 8 years after graduation before taking the FE and basically had to relearn 4 years of college in 4 months... I went into the FE exam WAY overprepared for it, but ended up just kicking ass! If I had to do it over, I wouldn't have wasted nearly so much time studying. Ah well, better overprepared and licensed than underprepared and sulking!

Does NCEES publish percentiles somewhere? I'm really curious as to where I stand; I know of one guy who got a 90- it was a small sample (3 ppl) and I just assumed my score was a normal one! I see here that most people are scoring in the 70s, though, which makes more sense.

Last edited:
I got a letter saying that I passed. I never received my score. Would be interesting to find out. I bet I was very close to failing. :unsure:

Took FE while still in school, right after the semester of having structures, soils, fluids, envir, etc... passed with 75.

I would definietly reccomend taking it while still in school while material is still fresh. Even though my brain was fried after having 6 finals during the week then FE on Saturday!

I took it way back in Spring 1988 when I was a senior. It was open book back then.

Made an 81, which is damn close to what I made on the NCEES practice test last week.

I took it in April of '01. Kid was 3 months old and I was taking 16 credits in a desparate bid to graduate after ONLY 6 years (I did change my major 2 times...)

I could not go to the free review class that the university offered, because it was at the same time as my husband's class (he was finishing up his Masters in EE). I believe I looked through the manual (briefly) but don't really remember studying. I don't even remember if both morning and afternoon were general, or if the afternoon was civil... I just remember being so sore in the last hour of each section that I couldn't think strait (kid was breastfed... usually ate every 2-3 hours, they HURT when they get full!)

Anyway, I totally was NOT expecting to pass... was shocked when I got my congrats notice... and a score of 76!

I took it in Cali so no score, but here's a bitch of a story. My ID was in my package of crap I took to the test, so when my friends took me drinking that night, I didn't have an ID! :brickwall: Wow was I pissed. They ended up buying shots and dumping them in my Cokes though.... :beerchug:

89 on the April 2003 E-I-T (Civil)

I fear it contributed to my overconfidence heading into the PE prep - an overconfidence that is now long gone...

Back