Took EET and Didn't Pass

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through the EET breadth and construction depth review on this first attempt and failed (50/80).   I also worked practice exams for breadth and depth from four other books outside of EET.   It was clear from my diagnostics report that EET was very helpful to me and I would have scored much lower without their help.  However, I was surprised by what was left off the exam, particularly in the depth section.  EET and my review books placed a great deal of emphasis on certain types of problems, and their omission caught me off guard.  I am in the process of re-grouping to do better in October.  Congratulations to all you folks who passed. 
Keep in mind that these companies do not know the actual exam questions and can only go based on the specifications and past experience or comments from past students.  Come October,  you may find that topics they focused on in class, but seemed missing from the test may actually be on the October test. For all we know, on the next test structural can be a cake walk while another area could be extremely hard. 

Thank you very much.  I appreciate your thoughts and advice.  I really enjoyed EET's review (and the great binder).  I plan on using my NCEES diagnostic report to address my weak areas, and I will buy more practice problems to perhaps be introduced to more possible questions and topics.  Thanks again. 

Yeah I purchased the EET PE Civil - Transpo and failed. Got the same results when I took it prior without the prep course. I'm a very poor test taker but I'm sure I will get it eventually. I have taken it three times already :(

I'll just have to study my notes again. Good luck to all the re-takers.Yeah I purchased the EET PE Civil - Transpo and failed. Got the same results when I took it prior without the prep course. I'm a very poor test taker but I'm sure I will get it eventually.

I'll just have to study my notes again. Good luck to all the re-takers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back