My Journey of becoming a PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quickupdate

Reaction score
Passed on my second try – did not give up. I decided to work on licensure to become a PE. For most states, passing the FE is the prerequisite for sitting for the PE exam. I was looking for a refresher class and 4 of my coworkers suggested taking EET, at the same time they told me I will enjoy Dr. Nazrul's class when it comes time for the PE classes. I registered for the class, and I was impressed by the amount of time the instructors took to explain the subjects. The question that appeared on my exam were very similar to those in my EET practice problem and Exam, which I passed.

Fast forward, I registered for the EET PE breadth and depth WRE class. On my first attempt at the PE exam, I failed because I struggled on few topics. I shared the news with Dr. Nazrul and we discussed the area of my weaknesses and what the focus must be next. His last advice during the meeting was to trust the process- learn concepts, solve practice problems, quizzes, and exams. When I am having difficulties in some areas, he is always available, I was so surprised by the level of commitment he made, I am even having multiple one on one meetings with him just to clarify what I don't understand. It is unbelievable, I never thought I will get such guidance throughout this journey. I trusted the process, worked hard, and I passed on my second try. Do not give up!!

Back