~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Boooo! I was cussing toiling under a 22 year old econobox when it was 32 F this morning. Get in the garage!

Everyone except Bly and Kevo has just lost the right to whine about the weather.

- VTE, PE from ND and rooting for the NEP
Can WI join the ranks now?

37sx.png

^I think the only difference between the warning in effect for you and the one here is that we're expecting 5-10 inches of new snow before the bottom drops out on the temperatures. That big a$$ snow blower I bought a couple of years ago is getting a work out this year.

Current temp is 22 above, light snow, winds to 30mph. Have seen temps up to 33 already and nearing the halfway point on the drive back to the new house. It'll be getting warmer the further South we drive.

Currently waiting for the other half to catch up to me, she's got a loaded truck w/o trailer, but is only 15-20 miles behind.

Love driving in near whiteout conditions while pulling a 5k trailer and dodging caribou or moose. Have seen 2 dozen caribou so far, still have 40 miles of caribou country left, then its moose country.

Gonna be a long day...

Stay warm there k1f3, those winds can be a real bear. Its one thing to have those temps as a standing temp, its another to deal with winds too...

Hi 53 today (this morning, right now in fact) with temps plummeting down to 5 by days end. Almost a 50 degree swing in a day. That's crazy. Wind chill - 25. Glad I got the the baby home yesterday.

Woke up at 59, an hour later it was fifty. Creepy thing is there was no wid associated with the drop.

Gonna be 15 tomorrow morning with winds of 20-30 mph. I have to admit, my chintzy ways seem to jave gotten the best of me, as I never went ahead and got remote start installed in my car (fob is dead).

^ Mike, we're in the same boat here in RI. I was foggy as hell this morning too.

I'm one of the "good" employees that is at work and "working" hard today.

It is getting colder by the minute here...

Now this is something new for many of us here in the peninsula...

.. WIND CHILL WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MELBOURNE HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST TUESDAY.

* WIND CHILL VALUES... LATE NIGHT TEMPERATURES IN THE 20S IN COMBINATION WITH BREEZY NORTHWEST WINDS WILL ALLOW WIND CHILL VALUES TO DROP INTO THE MID TO UPPER TEENS LATE TONIGHT.

* OTHER IMPACTS... VERY COLD WIND CHILL VALUES WILL POSE A HAZARD TO THOSE OUTDOORS WITHOUT APPROPRIATE PROTECTION. DRESS IN LAYERS AND WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES IF OUTDOORS FOR ANY PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME. PETS ARE ALSO SUSCEPTIBLE TO COLD WEATHER. MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ADEQUATE SHELTER INDOORS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. THIS COULD RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.

Glad I got the the baby home yesterday.

There's no lay away plan available?

(Relatively speaking) Cold last night, currently 27 F and windy with high of 37 F. Expected low tonight of 17 F more wind. Good thing is that I am now driving a car with heat.

Heat is always a nice luxury. Mrs NJ had no heat in the hospital the first night. It was 5 below outside that night.

Back