~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Friday morning it's supposed to feel like - 10 at its lowest. NFW! This ain't supposed to be here in NJ.

~5 inches of snow this morning. Less the farther north I got to work. Had to wait until the county got the shit together and plow but was only 45 minutes late for work.

we got anywhere between 1" and a dusting of snow last night. Just enough to make the roads wet and sloppy. Glad I washed the car a couple days ago... :madgo:

Over the past couple days I'd say we got about 6-8" of snow. The shoveling/snow blowing is getting old fast! The commute today was pretty bad. Was about an hour late today. Also just washed both vehicles. Awesome.

It's too cold to snow up here.

-9 right now.
Thats not cold enough to prevent it from snowing! I've seen it snow at -25*F and accumulate up to 3" in this neck of the woods. Usually say it has to be -30 to stop it from snowing.

Currently its -2 where I'm at in Fairbanks. Getting on my Arctic Gear as I'll be working outside for the next couple hours cleaning up a collapsed fabric shed and loading the truck for this run of moving. Should be a fun day.

Issued by The National Weather ServiceBismarck, ND Thu, Jan 2, 2014, 3:48 PM CST

Local Radar MapUpdated Jan 2, 2014, 4:25pm CST

r0213300.png
r0213033.png
r0213211.png
r0213122.png

0213300.png
0213033.png
0213211.png

Weather in Motion® | Enlarge Map
Get WeatherReady
... LIFE THREATENING WIND CHILLS SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK...

DANGEROUSLY COLD ARCTIC AIR WILL SPREAD ACROSS THE REGION SATURDAY NIGHT AND REMAIN IN PLACE THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. LOW TEMPERATURES TO 30 BELOW WITH WIND CHILLS TO 60 BELOW ZERO ARE EXPECTED SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.

FROSTBITE CAN OCCUR IN 5 MINUTES OR LESS IN THESE CONDITIONS. HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH CAN OCCUR IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.

We got ~1" of snow today, but the roads are terrible. It's not really enough to plow, lots of roads didn't get salted/brined, and it's cold so the snow that melted initially is now a sheet of ice. I hope they get the roads better before I have to drive into work.

We are scheduled to get our first sub-zero temps in the last several years on Monday. Current forecast is high of 3, low of -3.

Got an inch of snow while working outside. Not bad, but annoying after hand shoveling 6" from the yard. Decided nit to mess with the collapsed shed as theres 18+" of snow and ice on it and the trailer I wanted to get. Its waiting till spring.

Will have similar conditions tmrw, good luck to those in ND. Those winds are a witch!

The little cup of water one of the boys left on the back deck last night has a sheet of ice on the top. Science!

It's -10 here this morning. The high today is supposed to be +12. The current forecast high for Monday is -10. Where the hell is AlGore when you need him?

Today will be a balmy 15 degrees.

By Sunday, we will have a high of -6. By Monday we will have a high of -16.

I so need to get outta here......

In the 20's, high of 37 for today, supposed to be back in the 50's on Sunday. Think I'm abandoning hope of working in the garage today.

Back