~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I discovered flannel lined jeans this week, you wanna talk about awesome...I was sick of my ass taking half an hour to warm up after sitting on my ice cold car seat.
just now? I figured that out awhile ago, but I just put on a pair of flannel Pajama pants under my jeans...I haven't invested the money in the real thing. Those things are expensive and work wont reimburse for them.

we got about 6-8 inches of snow last night and this morning on top of lots of rain that came down yesterday afternoon. One big wet mess. The trees have a ice coating then tons of snow that most of the lower branches were touching the ground. For the trees I care about I went around this morning and shook the bulk of the snow off to ease up the tension.

minisnick and I also build a snow slide off the front porch, went sledding down said slide, built snowman, made snowangels and had a snow ball fight.

crazy earlier for this much snow.

How makes them? They sound great for days of field work in winter.

Mine are from Dickies, as is most of my work wear. Good quality at a reasonable price. We got a lot of "Work and Western" stores around here so they are easy to find. Carhart also makes them, but they are a lot more expensive. I'm sure other brands make them as well if you look. More comfortable than thermals or running tights under your pants.

I discovered flannel lined jeans this week, you wanna talk about awesome...I was sick of my ass taking half an hour to warm up after sitting on my ice cold car seat.
just now? I figured that out awhile ago, but I just put on a pair of flannel Pajama pants under my jeans...I haven't invested the money in the real thing. Those things are expensive and work wont reimburse for them.

The denim ones were $31, the duck ones were $34. No worse than regular jeans. You got a Home of Economy nearby? Or is that just an ND thing?

Back to 40 degrees and windy as balls, especially in the structure. Can't compete with the snow and ice folks, but it's still not very pleasant for this hot weather boy.

28 at 11 PM in northern ND. For once I am warmer than a good number of you.

suck-it-biiiotch.jpg

Oh that felt good. Had to get that in before we get back to negative temps for a high toward the end of the week.

well crap..it's snowing like the inside of a snow globe right now...have to change my lunch plans cuz I'm not driving in that nonsense

Its coming down pretty steady now too. I just came home so Mrs NJ could go to the doctor. 3 weeks to go.

Sunny and 64. Nice departure from last week's depression fest of a plant outage. Only saw the sun once (for 30 minutes) over 7 days.

We got a decent snow here right around evening commute time. My 12 mile commute home took about 1-1/2 hours. Primary issue was the dopes that don't invest in good snow tires so they can't make it up the slight grades/hills when there is freshly fallen (and falling heavily) snow/slush on the ground and the traffic is so dense the plows can't get there. Everything backs up behind them and there's no room to go around them. PITA

Back