~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got a winter weather advisory here from midnight until noon tomorrow. It's going to dip down to 27F and it might rain a little.

not for long, and that girl does NOT love bacon.

US.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got a winter weather advisory here from midnight until noon tomorrow. It's going to dip down to 27F and it might rain a little.
Love it when states like this get weather they're not used to dealing with. Everything shuts down and everyone freaks out. LOL

But be safe Tex. ;)

It dropped 30 degrees SO FAR today. It was mid 60s when I left for work this morning, and it's now in the high 30s. High of 20 forecast for next Tuesday. Up to an inch of ICE forecast for tonight/tomorrow.

it was 8 when I just sat in my car to talk on my phone about a job so my work didnt here, took a LONG time for the car to warm up, then the call was over :(

My battery died today, luckily in my driveway. Pain in the ass as I needed to call a tow truck to jump it, but glad I have a fresh battery for winter.

Also, all of you complaining about the weather, simmer down. Not even going to approch zero here until next week.

Yes but dex and cement promised me 300 days of glorious sunshine!

Crap I probably need to get a new battery also, unless my aaa is still active?

Just remember the ol timers battery formula:

States other than N. Dakota, Alaska & others that get frigid regularly: 250cca + 1cca for every cubic inch of engine displacement.

Frigid states, start at 500cca, then add in 1cca for cubic inch of engine displacement.

I guarantee it'll be larger than stock, but try to find one that'll fit in the tray. You'll only need a jump if the alternator goes out and you leave the lights on overnight accidentally.

Now for wx: getting freezing rain. Heavy at times. Calling for snow later that'll make the roads even mote fun. Stay safe out there ya'll.

Already have about 2" of snow and it's still snowing pretty hard. People have already lost their minds. Bank sent out a message saying they were closing early, and school was cancelled this morning in anticipation of the snow.

NNJ to get 1-3 inches of snow, then rain and ice this afternoon, evening and tomorrow am. fun to drive in, not so much with the kids in the car though.

Back