~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me glad I put new "big" batteries in both the vehicles about a month ago...

It's a lonely feeling jumping in the car and having it take 5 seconds to make one rev when you turn the key when it's ^^ that cold...

We're up to +10 with about 3" of snow over the weekend. Not having the plow running means I'm gonna be busy clearing the yard by hand tonight...

And here I was complaining that our lows were going into the 20's & teens this week. I'm a wimp when it comes to cold, which is why I only lasted two winters in Ohio before moving back south to thaw out.

After two straight weeks of rain and cold, this week makes up for it. Lows in the 40's, highs in the 60's - 70's, and sun sun sun. :D

Currently -2 with a chance to get to -15's by this evening. -30 to -40 (F) in the forecast by Friday evening (again). Possible snow come Wednesday.

We've had highs near 40 here at 10k above sea level. It was really cold maybe 10 days ago, but this turn to warmth is weird. Let's hope it snows or else fire season is going to be scary (and early).

We're supposed to get freezing rain and sleet tomorrow afternoon, but with a high of 43, a low of 33, and warm ground, no accumulation.

We're supposed to get freezing rain and sleet tomorrow afternoon, but with a high of 43, a low of 33, and warm ground, no accumulation.
Snow, sleet and ice for us (the trifecta!), 1-2in accumulation since our temps have been highs around 32 and lows in the 20's. I hate that it is going to be in the afternoon, that I work ~30miles from home, and have no vacation time. Gonna be a fun commute tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
no snow; but the neighbors are chomping at the bit to have my plow up and running again. I'm still waiting for a few parts to arrive, but if the following forecast holds, I won't be doing any wrenching on the truck as I don't have a garage:

Friday: Mostly cloudy in the morning with a chance of snow. Partly cloudy after noon. Highs 10 to 20 below. Temperatures falling after noon. Light winds.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows 35 to 40 below. Light winds.

Saturday: Increasing clouds. Highs around 25 below. Light winds.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy. Lows around 45 below.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs around 20 below.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear. Lows around 35 below.

Low's - Upper 40's / Low 50's

High's - 60's / Low 70's

Aaaaaaaahhhhh...

Good to hear it! I'm headed that way for the Super Bowl. ;)

If you're going, you had better take part in Mardi Gras. We'll be going to some depending on the temperment of mini-MS 1 and 2.

2013 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule

Friday, February 1, 2013
Eve 7:00 p.m. Mandeville

Excalibur 7:00 p.m. Metairie

Atlas 7:30 p.m. Metairie

Saturday, February 2, 2013
Alla Noon Westbank

Nemesis 1:00 p.m. St. Bernard

Caesar 6:00 p.m. Metairie

Olympia 6:00 p.m. Covington

Titans 6:30 p.m. Slidell

Sunday, February 3, 2013