~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhere in the 40's when I left for work this morning. No clue what its like out there now.

near 70 today with flash flood, high wind warnings which will turn to snow over night into tomorrow...i hate temp swings that big

Yesterday, go to start the rig, cold and windows frosted over. This morning, warmer 43 out. In the 40's the rest of the week.

It warmed up around here; up to -15 in town, hovering around 0 at the house!

May get into the + teens by this weekend.

I had to run to the bank over my lunch break and I did not want to come back to the office. Wow, it's gorgeous outside. I'm glad I'm leaving the area tomorrow so I don't get hit by winter again for a few weeks.

I shouldn't have run across the street for a coffee. Its so damn nice out, I had zero desire to walk back in here.

Quite the difference new tires make on my car. Had no issues driving in the 2" we got overnight. Supposed to get back up to the 40's for the rest of the week.

Must have rained last night, but very warm out this morning. Motivation is already set at 0.

^Tell me about it. It was nice wearing short sleeves this morning with no coat. Of course, this means that the storms that are supposed to be coming through this afternoon will probably be pretty bad, which is great considering I'm supposed to fly out this evening...

I found out last night that my cable box has a built-in EAS alarm that sounds for Tornado Warnings. That thing is fucking loud when it goes off at 4 in the morning. Not to mention it was pre-mature. There wasn't a single tornado in that storm, but they issued about 5 warnings.

They are making a huge deal about the storms here and have been for days. Of course, as they get closer, the predicted severity seems to drop.

But it is awfully warm and muggy, so I'm leaning towards it packing a punch.

Yeah, I am not looking forward to that line of storms and how often the models are changing for them. On another note, I was looking at the three day outlook on my phone this morning and saw that while today is in the 70's on Friday there is a chance of snow flurries. WTH?! Seriously? I'm used to some pretty up and down winter weather, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Temp is up to 0* right now. May hit teens today with a chance of snow. Temps finally getting to where I can work on the plow truck again...

TORNADO WARNINGS!!!!

A tornado has been reported about 50 miles north of here.

We've been warned to stay away from windows. My desk is situated so I have my back to a wall of windows!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

woohoo...pushing what seems like almost a foot of snow so far. SUper fun day though. Made a snowman this afternoon and then a snow slide of the front porch just a bit ago.

Back