~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a pretty normal summer out here, if you can consider 90's for two months normal. I'm in agreement with VT, bring on the fall.

pbrme said:
Copy that. Just turned in the ol' time cards for this week and next. T- 1hr to go and I'll be on vacation. Flying to Seattle tonight, then 10:30pm-6am layover. Fly into Dallas tomorrow and then skip over to Belize.
Wonder how pbrme and the wife will be dealing with Hurricane Ernesto. Hear that it's headed toward Belize and the surrounding area. Bummer.

We started off super dry, but it's been consistently raining during the month of July. This is the first completely dry hot weekend we've had in a while. Awesome summer here. I wish it would continue for another 2 months. Send our rain to Oklahoma and midwest where they desperately need it.

we'll take whatever rain we can get...although it is too late for the corn. The soy fields are looking a lot better with the little rain we have gotten this past week and a half....so they may not be impacted as much as the corn.

we'll take whatever rain we can get...although it is too late for the corn. The soy fields are looking a lot better with the little rain we have gotten this past week and a half....so they may not be impacted as much as the corn.
Try reading this like :eek:ld-025: It totally works.

It's 50 degrees in my town this morning, with a high around 80 later on. Sunny, with a light breeze. I love it. I know we could get a hot streak in September sometime, but I think we survived another summer.

We had a real hot one this year, and it was really humid. Seemed like it was raining, about to rain, or just rained every weekend.

Likewise, though I'm surprised it isn't cold out. All the weather men last week were giving the "oh, enjoy your weekend, as soon as the rain hits you'll all be frozen" bull poop, but it's already in the 50's outside and will hit the 60's today.

saturday was NICE lower 70s...then sunday was lower 60s still somewhat nice then yesterday was upper 30s lower 40s...yuck

same here, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt when I took the dogs out and ran this morning.. now I'm in sweatpants and a sweat shirt thinking about bumping the heat up a little...

EDIT: oh yeah, and it's raining.

Last edited by a moderator:
My flight this morning was the first I've been on a plane that had to be de-iced in Atlanta.

Light snow flurries on my drive from the Detroit airport to work.

If it doesn;t turn colder, we could be looking at another lean snow year. Although it's early to tell, and it sometimes really doesn't start snowing until after Thxgvg, it seems like it's too warm. The small amount of snow we've got is melting in my front yard here at 9.950' @ sea level

Back