~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first serious snow of the year is currently falling in Louisville. They are letting school out 2 hours early and are making the decision for tomorrow already. These people shit themselves at the site of first snow, then complain that they had too many snow days at the end of the school year.

snowed last ngiht and today...first of the season for many parts of the state. super windy to boot. Glad i stayed home with a sick kid. THe newspaper for by work said like 120+ accidents on the roads I take. The people around here totally forget how to drive on snow every year.

Here in Charlotte, we're experiencing chilly, rainy, shitty day season.

We can have temperature swings in a 24 hour period larger than you get in a year. It's not uncommon for the high temp on one day to be 40 degrees warmer than the cold temp the day before/after.
Here it was -10 degrees Saturday morning, 50 degrees Monday afternoon, and snowing by evening commute time Monday. It's driving my sinuses nuts.

i hear you on the messed up sinuses. I've had sinus issues for the last month...usually not this long or consisent it sucks!!!!

Another gorgeous, mid-60's day out, albeit a bit cloudy. Thankfully, the lovely ladies of Charlotte decided to appreciate the weather by dressing accordingly :eyebrows:

I'm really getting tired of this weather. Where the hell is winter??? I want to go cross country skiing!!! Supposed to go skiing on Mackinac Island next weekend and there is no snow. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Here at nearly 2 miles above sea level and we have snow, but not nearly as much as usual. This is the warmest, least-snowiest I've seen in the nearly 18 years since I moved to the Rockies.

Burning 1/2 the wood as I would during an average winter.

beautiful day yesterday and again today, except I think I'm getting a cold/flu, the congestion is brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here at nearly 2 miles above sea level and we have snow, but not nearly as much as usual. This is the warmest, least-snowiest I've seen in the nearly 18 years since I moved to the Rockies.

Burning 1/2 the wood as I would during an average winter.
I was in Ouray last weekend. Driving across I-70 from Denver it seemed like there was hardly any snow at all, and even Ouray didn't have much. I did find enough to go cross-country skiing between Ouray and SIlverton, but that was at 10,000'.

beautiful day yesterday and again today, except I think I'm getting a cold/flu, the congestion is brutal.
Sorry about the cold business, but yeah, it's been lovely lately. Took the dog to the park for the first time on her new knee today and only wore a light jacket.

My brand new snowshoes are collecting dust.

VT - I saw a buddy at the dog park here today. he replaced his dog's knee over 5 years ago and the dog is doing great still playing frisbee and everything. I always said i wouldn't spend big money on a dog, and that still remains true when it comes to chemotherapy or the like. but as for knee replacements, it seems a great way to keep our canine pals happy and healthy for a number of years.

I'm really getting tired of this weather. Where the hell is winter??? I want to go cross country skiing!!! Supposed to go skiing on Mackinac Island next weekend and there is no snow. :(
I hear ya. Not much for skiing this year in WI either. Even in the U.P. Sucks. However, I certainly don't mind not having to shovel or snow blow. :)

18 years, hey? Wow, that is certainly interesting. A few of my friends and I usually make a trip out to CO for skiing but this year with decreased snowfalls, we decided against it. Even heard at Vail the back bowl country is basically closed down. Not sure how Aspen is but we go there too sometimes.

Here's what my backyard looked like this morning. How's the weather further south Snick? ;)

imag0129hc.jpg

Back