~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for the snow tomorrow!

Lemme see here....

Snow day: Check. (Boss gave me something to do at home and told me not to come in.)

Snowshoes: Check.

Snowshoe Poles: Check.

2 dogs to tag along with me: Check and check.

5 mile loop at a park about to be covered with snow: Check.

Wooohoooo!

Hiking is probably my favorite outdoor thing to do, and I love winter and snow, so this is basically two great tastes that taste great together.

See how weekly snow by the foot changes my tune...

awjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg

got an official snow day here in IL for state government!!!!! I think that means we still get paid? :dunno:

minus 15 is a little on the cold side for me. there. I said it, it's too cold. damn you Al Gore!

my truck sounds like it is having a coronary. I think I'll let it warm up a bit.

minus 15 is a little on the cold side for me. there. I said it, it's too cold. damn you Al Gore!

my truck sounds like it is having a coronary. I think I'll let it warm up a bit.
minus 10 at my house this AM. I agree with your assessment. Same with my truck. I'm glad I replaced the bettery last month.

Was almost 60 here today. We were all dying in the office, the thermometer said 74 inside. First we tried opening the windows, then we turned the AC on.

I'm gonna die in sudden 80+ humid weather next month on vacation.

Was almost 60 here today. We were all dying in the office, the thermometer said 74 inside. First we tried opening the windows, then we turned the AC on.
I'm gonna die in sudden 80+ humid weather next month on vacation.
VT: not to fear its in the 20's with severe wind today/tomorrow (wind chill will be lower) and they 're calling for 2-4 in. of snow on Monday. You can turn the AC off.

^I think we forgot to do that. There was only one guy still there when I left. Time to break out the down coat I brought home from NY on Monday I guess.

60 is usually my favorite kind of weather. Not too hot or cold, jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt weather. When the temp jumps 30 degrees suddenly though, it feels hot.

Also, WTF is up with this wind today? I had to fetch my garbage cans from the park next door earlier. (Garbage day is Friday so they're empty) I ended up putting a couple of unopened rock salt bags in them to keep them from blowing halfway to Worcester.

Last edited by a moderator:
wind was howling last night. I just took the dog outside. Pretty chilly and still lots of wind. Winter is not over yet. Then again it is still only the middle of February. I'm loving the melting we've had the past couple of days. I can actually see the shingles on the roof now.

70's again yesterday, haven't been outside yet today.

frickin' cold last night and again today. At least the sun is shining and the recent warm spell is some indication that winter will end and spring will come. I had my doubts for a while there.

I just spent the afternoon (literally) on the Ashland Reservoir. It's amazing how much farther you can toss a tennis ball for the dog on a sheet of ice. It was pretty mild in the sun.

It was rotten this morning though, went to the gym around 8:30 and was wondering if my sweaty hair would freeze on the way out.

I don't know what the weather there is now, but in Friday in NYC I walked around all day without a coat. Short sleeves were fine. The day before I carried my coat about 50% of the time. This was all in Manhattan. My daughter and I sat in outdoor patios having coffees or beers and were comfortable. Why can't all of February be like that?

65 degrees on Wednesday, 8 inches of heavy, wet snow last night. Gotta love springtime in the rockies!

Back