~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started feeling lousy/congested when it first got here.  Was dark out like it was going to storm, but never did.  I'm hoping my sinuses/ears drain on their own and don't turn into an infection, everything was super irritated from it.
yep!!  The drainage was really bad saturday night...I woke up choking.  Had to sleep in the recliner to remain semi upright.  

That makes me feel a bit relieved!  So far just glad its staying in my head and not my chest.  Been doing the sinus rinse twice a day to try and beat it.

That makes me feel a bit relieved!  So far just glad its staying in my head and not my chest.  Been doing the sinus rinse twice a day to try and beat it.
mornings: 12 hr sudafed, allergy meds, then  a regular sudafed and different allergy med at night  sometimes  

Maybe I ought to try the sudafed to dry things up, rather than relying on the allergy meds.  Worth a shot!

Maybe I ought to try the sudafed to dry things up, rather than relying on the allergy meds.  Worth a shot!
when the drainage is really bad, if I can guarantee 8 hrs sleep I pop a brand name Unisom sleep med (the gel version).  Thankfully the allergy shots have made that unnecessary of late.  

oh my gosh...this storm is killing me.  the pressure in my head it crazy.  it's going to be storming on and off all day...this is going to suck

its been  dry, even for the desert here... even watering every day the yard is crispy!..every night it looks like its going to rain and then skips by and rains out on the plains....... mother nature is a b i t c h ......

Still humid as balls here.  We did get a storm front that just missed us last night, let me get in a humid but reasonably cool 80 degree bike ride in at dusk!

I wish I had a non smoke / fire pic but normally you can see deep into the rocky mountains from my office bldg- these are not clouds but smoke from the wildfires currently ongoing out here.. you can see the lower level of mountains at the bottom.. send some rain our way!

IMG_2936.jpg

130 degrees recorded in Death Valley today, supposedly a record hot hottest temp in a century, but weather "experts" say maybe all-time, because they don't trust the accuracy of the previous record, which was set in the same place in 1913 at 134 degrees. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-weather-extreme/world-temperature-record-set-in-californias-death-valley-idUSKCN25D1A1

I hope you guys get some rain!  I remember many hot and dry Augusts in Denver, but I don't remember the fires being as frequent or as large back when I was a kid. 

So it's not Colorado cold, but it's 65F right now and feels amazing. I compared it to the hometown in FL which is 80F (86F with humidity). Man I don't want to move!

It’s back to blazing he’ll hot here but no shit they are saying snow for Tuesday- bring it!

yeah you will miss having seasons in Florida! 

It was 99 in Florida this past weekend in the Juno area and it felt like I was on the surface of the sun.

Still in the mid-upper 80's here during the day, but the nights have cooled down considerably.  

Saturday the wildfire near Rock Mountain National Park doubled in size, it was literally snowing ashes throughout most of Denver. Sunday it cleaned up some, we went to pool early Monday, last day for the summer. was hot out, but due to falling night time temps the water was pretty chilly. & the margaritas were strong!

Just hope this early snow storm puts some of these fires out.

Here are some pics around our hood, the fires are 150+ miles away

IMG-3133.jpg

IMG-3159.jpg

This is the fender on the jeep, I had just hosed this off when we got back from a trip, and this is after aorund 15 minutes, it defin has to suck the closer you are to these fires, everything smells like we have been camping (inside the house)

IMG-3128.jpg

Back